Followers
Following
Name
Mike Zulich
City/State
White Plains, NY
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
Hi, I'm Mike from New York state, just north of NYC. I'm a hobbiest (sometimes avid, sometimes not) and have used many different film SLRs and DSLRs in the past, most recently Nikon. I made the jump to Canon and mirrorless with the very recent purchase of an R5 with the 24-105 f4 lens. Nikon mirrorless just didn't do it for me, and I'm super happy with the R5, the camera's handling and the image quality. There is a small learning curve making the jump from Nikon to Canon, so I do have to make a few adjustments, but it is well worth it.

I enjoy shooting landscapes and architecture, and particularly travel related scenics whenever the wife and I get away. Fortunately, she enjoys photography as well so waiting for the right light, or looking the best angle, is never a problem. I'm looking forward to a long Canon relationship and learning and sharing whatever I can.

Thanks,
Mike

Welcome to the clan.

I've been a dedicated canon user since the early 70s. Even so my R5 is almost like learning to use a different make, albeit the menu and buttons are similar in many respect to my passed canon cameras.

I am now the weakest link in the picture capturing process 😁

Welcome Mike and thank you for joining up to our forum here. It seems that Nikon shooters are either jumping to Canon or Sony these days, I hope Nikon hold on to some shooters as it would be a shame to see them die off. Although I'm not sure if the new Z9 is going to save them unfortunately. If you have any questions about the site here please don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks everyone and glad to be here.

Welcome to the clan.

I've been a dedicated canon user since the early 70s. Even so my R5 is almost like learning to use a different make, albeit the menu and buttons are similar in many respect to my passed canon cameras.

I am now the weakest link in the picture capturing process 😁
It's almost 2 a.m. in Arizona and I just woke up and can't get back to sleep. Thought I'd spend some time getting familiar with this site. But you made me laugh out loud when you referred to yourself as "...the weakest link in the picture capturing process"! That was genius and I feel the same exact way. Started with the Canon Rebel and worked my way through three other camera models till I finally hit the motherload, the R5. I had surgery five months ago and hadn't touched my camera until last week. Got it out in the field and couldn't remember a damn thing about how it worked. I was floored!! Had to call my friend in GA to find out how to work it, came home and started the relearning process. So yeah, "...the weakest link", that's me too!!

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back