robisonfoto

Newcomer
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
Eric Robison
Hi, I am Eric and I currently live in Western Washington State. I typically shoot landscapes and wildlife (mostly birds) and do some commercial work.

I am shooting with the R5 and the only RF glass I have at the moment is the RF 800. The remainder of the glass is EF mount.

Happy to be here.

I just joined, too. I'm in Georgia now, but I lived in SW Washington for over 50 years before that. Where in WA do you live? I have an R6 with an RF 85mm 1.2, RF 50mm 1.8, RF 24-105 4-7.1 and some older EF and even FD glass.

I just joined, too. I'm in Georgia now, but I lived in SW Washington for over 50 years before that. Where in WA do you live? I have an R6 with an RF 85mm 1.2, RF 50mm 1.8, RF 24-105 4-7.1 and some older EF and even FD glass.
I am in the Puyallup area.

I've spent lots of time in Puyallup between my grandmother living there and horse shows at the fairgrounds over the years. Will the Daffodil Festival be taking place this year?

I've spent lots of time in Puyallup between my grandmother living there and horse shows at the fairgrounds over the years. Will the Daffodil Festival be taking place this year?
Not entirely sure, but I highly doubt it.

Welcome and thanks for joining up here Eric! I've considered the RF 800 for a little extra reach. I have the 100-500 at present. But I'm probably just going to go with the lower cost option of just adding the 1.4x for now.

Welcome and thanks for joining up here Eric! I've considered the RF 800 for a little extra reach. I have the 100-500 at present. But I'm probably just going to go with the lower cost option of just adding the 1.4x for now.
The 800mm definitely has its place and time of day. I use it almost exclusively for bird photography and with it being a full time f/11, it does best in full sun to get a lower ISO and faster shutter speed. I have the EF 100-400L II and 1.4x and 2x TC's. That lens with the 1.4x is decent, but bumping up to the 2x puts me at 800mm and f/11, but the image quality, IMO, is not as sharp as the 800mm RF.

Welcome! I lived most of my life in WA (in GA now) and I've had two Mustangs. A '66 and '06 GT.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back