Followers
Following
Name
Kerro
City/State
Mandurah, Western Australia
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
Hi, I'm Kerrigan Evans (henceforth Kerro), and I live in the beautiful town of Mandurah, about 60kms from Perth,
Western Australia.
I have upgraded my gear to an R5 and I am very happy with it. I have only one RF lens at present, the RF 800 ST F11.
I have the EF to RF converter so all my earlier lenses fit and work perfectly. I have mostly Sigma lenses, (100-500,
120-300 F2.8, 28-70 F2.8, 10-20 F4-5.6, 18-250 F3.5-6.3) and Canon (MPE-65, 70-200 F4, 100 2.8 Macro). I even have an old
Panagor 200mm F3.5 that also works well. I have no problem with my 2 2X Teleconverters on all my lenses. I especially like
the Canon 2X on the Sigma 120 -300.
I have found the RF 800 to work really well as here in Western Australia we have an abundance of light. (we average 8 hours
of bright sunlight most days). I can also hand hold the 800 for multiple moon shots then focus stack for a better shot.
I have since bought a lens hood, a 3rd party tripod mount and a 3rd party case for the 800.
I am only an amatuer Tog who enjoys Birding, Landscape and Macro with a bit of Product Photography thrown in.
I look forward to contributing to this forum and welcome CC to any of my photos I submit.

Kerro

Last edited:
Welcome Kerro and thanks for joining up here and introducing yourself. I'd not heard of Mandurah so did a quick Google and on first impressions it looks like a lovely place to call home. Let me know if you have any questions about the forum.

Hi Tim
Thanks for tyhe welcome message.
Yes Mandurah is a great place to live and now my partner and I are retired here with our own home. A lot of the houses here are built on canals with boat moorings right at their back door literally. The whole area is water and sea based. We in fact are a 10 minuite walk from the local estuary. The birdlife here is amazing. We even get Ospreys sitting on next doors TV antennae.
I look forward to getting involved and learning new stuff and maybe helping others on the site
Thanks again for the welcome.

Kerro

Welcome Kerro,

I've done a few trips down to Oz but only to NSW and Victoria areas. Always wanted to go to the western coast so maybe one day! I also like the 800mm f/11. Fun lens for the price and it's a heck of a lot lighter than the Sigma 800mm f/5.6 I once owned!

Welcome Kerro,

I've done a few trips down to Oz but only to NSW and Victoria areas. Always wanted to go to the western coast so maybe one day! I also like the 800mm f/11. Fun lens for the price and it's a heck of a lot lighter than the Sigma 800mm f/5.6 I once owned!
Hey Chris, look me up if you ever get down this way. I guarantee you will love it here. I have been to the USA twice now. Its an awesome place, especially New York and Las Vegas. Yes, the 800/11 is pretty cool. I bought it in Colorado last year, a lot cheaper than I could buy it here in Australia. Looking forward to doing lots of moon shots, going into summer, with no clouds and a great view to the horizon where it rises. I might try some macro with it too, (well, closeups anyway).

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back