Hello from Wisconsin

jayape

Newcomer
Followers
Following
Name
John Pertell
Hi everyone, thanks for the add. I’m a hobbyist photographer shooting mostly landscapes and birds. I use a R5 now but I’m looking to purchase a R8 as a second camera in the near future.

Welcome John and thanks for joining up here and introducing yourself. Are you not tempted by the R7 instead? I think if I could afford a second camera to compliment my R5 it would be the R7, the crop factor would be very helpful for wildlife. I'll probably save my pennies towards the rumored R5 II though.

Welcome John and thanks for joining up here and introducing yourself. Are you not tempted by the R7 instead? I think if I could afford a second camera to compliment my R5 it would be the R7, the crop factor would be very helpful for wildlife. I'll probably save my pennies towards the rumored R5 II though.
Hi Tim. I am still looking at the R7, I haven’t finalized my decision yet. Canon will have a rep at my local camera shop in a few weeks so hopefully I can play with each a bit. And I’m also hoping there will be a price cut on both when the R5 II comes out.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back