Devin

Newcomer
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
Devin Swallow
I'm Devin Swallow. I started photography in 1975 at the age of thirteen. Purchased one of the first Canon AE-1 a couple of years later..then A-1..RZ-67, nikons, and back to EOS and I was hooked. I returned several years ago to my love of photography with a 5D Mark III. I believe the R5 is the best camera thus far in history. I have been pushing mine to the limits. I am continually complimented as I'm sure most of you are on your images. Without the eye and some ability in post production, the R5 is just another camera in most cases. But in the right hands it becomes and amazing tool to capture exactly what a great photographers eye can see before the shutter release happens. I have some very good friends who are wonderful artists. One of them asked me several months ago what camera I used on a picture that he really loved. My reply was, "When someone sees one of your paintings and they love it, do they ask you what brush you used?" That was the end of that conversation as he nodded thoughtfully and agreed. I so look forward to seeing images from all of you!

Last edited:
Thank you very much for joining up here Devin. The R5 is certainly one of Canon’s best, at least until the R5 Mk II comes along 😉 But like you say, without a good eye it’s probably not being fully appreciated.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back