tpatana

Well Known Member
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
Tero Patana
Went to shoot some football at local HS. AD didn't give permission on the field so had to shoot from the audience area. Game started at sunset, so pics during practice were quite nice, during game not so much...

2021 10-08 VAR Lakes at Juanita FB Photos by Tero Patana 005.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • EF400mm f/2.8L IS USM
  • 400.0 mm
  • ƒ/2.8
  • 1/1600 sec
  • ISO 3200
2021 10-08 VAR Lakes at Juanita FB Photos by Tero Patana 038.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • EF400mm f/2.8L IS USM
  • 400.0 mm
  • ƒ/2.8
  • 1/1250 sec
  • ISO 6400

I never understood American Football; I am from Chile, we play Soccer, wish I honestly was never good, so I ended up Playing Rugby for 16 years of my life.

I love the Pictures! You are using the EF400mm 2.8, The lens of my dreams...

A lot of time has passed since I have been able to shoot a football game, I have gotten a little rusty. I missed many opportunities trying to predict where the action was going to be, and nailing the framing, cut this poor players feet off....lol

The picture has the elements I like to see in a picture; eyes (sort of..lol), action and the ball.

Question to you all, does this bother you? Would you consider cropping this picture; if so where?

Thank you in advance.

@mark_riker_revco

Attachments

• _Q3A2138-Enhanced-NR-1 (2).jpg
    _Q3A2138-Enhanced-NR-1 (2).jpg
    499.1 KB · Views: 35
To me, that's perfectly fine framing. It shows their position relative to the ground, which I think helps ground the image. You can always crop info more detail and dramatic effect, but you'll lost some context so it really comes down to what you are going for.

This one could probably also be cropped more for drama but it's documentary the way it is:

1700701482786.jpeg
  • Canon EOS R3
  • EF70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM
  • 200.0 mm
  • ƒ/2.8
  • 1/1000 sec
  • ISO 5000

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back