Is it a worry?

Might have a massive dust storm here tommorow not sure how I will photograph it any tips? Wide angle of corse and max DOF I suppose might come in dark quickly who knows
Cheers guys

When you camera becomes your best mate.
Goes with you more than your wife, your dog or your best mate……..

Am I sadly becoming addicted
Might have a massive dust storm here tommorow not sure how I will photograph it any tips? Wide angle of corse and max DOF I suppose might come in dark quickly who knows
Cheers guys
Looking at all the photos on the internet might help...they mostly are as you suspect, wide angle and a lot of depth which makes sense as the real highlight of the photo will be the storm which is the furthest away in most cases......unless you intend to be in amongst it.... hopefully someone else here has experience with dust storms and can confirm for you

My camera is my companion everywhere I go! In fact, I have 2 bags with me today at work. 1 bag has my R7 & RF 100-500mm (and a couple other lenses), the other bag carries my R6 and the rest of my lenses. Not sure what I want to shoot after work, so I wanted to be covered. ;) My significant other was aware of my photography passion when we started dating. Now we live together and she just knows that's how it is!

I've never photographed a dust storm, so I'm intrigued as to how your photos will turn out!

I would suggest using your old, expendable Digital Rebel and kit lens. The limiting factor in the dust storm will not be the megapixels or lens quality but the dust which will not allow sharp focus more than a few feet away and will pit the front element or filter, if you have one, before you finish shooting. At least put the camera in a protective bag exposing it to the dust only for the second that the image is actually being taken.

Dust storm never really happened or not worth a photo and a post on here.

High standards.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back