ISO16000!

Not the best example because the rabbit is a little OOF but there is a reason I'm using it. ISO 32000 and about 2 stops underexposed. Adobe Denoise AI at 65. The background still showed more noise than I like for web presentation. OK for subject because it is less noticeable than the background and a little noise is good for detail.

I'm using this technique from this series where he creates two files, one for background noise and the other for subject noise. You open both files in PS and blend the two. Now since advanced masking in LrC I don't have to have to use PS anymore. Steve also says in his videos that a little nose is good to prevent posterization when printing and he pointed out it helps with detail. For web I'm fine with silky smooth.

LrC with all settings at zero.

_G7A7166.jpg
  • Canon EOS R7
  • RF100-500mm F4.5-7.1 L IS USM + EXTENDER RF1.4x
  • 700.0 mm
  • ƒ/10
  • 1/500 sec
  • ISO 32000

Deniose followed by LrC masking to smooth the background. I pushed NR to the max and reduced sharpening to -60 and texture to -40.

_G7A7166-Enhanced-NR-2.jpg
  • Canon EOS R7
  • RF100-500mm F4.5-7.1 L IS USM + EXTENDER RF1.4x
  • 700.0 mm
  • ƒ/10
  • 1/500 sec
  • ISO 32000

Fantastic transformation of the picture. Thanks for sharing. :)

Fantastic transformation of the picture. Thanks for sharing. :)
Thanks. ISO is not as critical as a correct exposure but sometimes you have to work with it. That didn't help the rabbit details as much as a correct exposure would have. Nice little process to have in the hip pocket. When you get in there you can modify so many things. You can apply subject, background, radial, linear and brush masks to areas to smoothen out noise where it distracts the most.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back