Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
Bradley Newton
City/State
Carrollton, TX
I am extremely frustrated with the 3-4 second lag time when starting the camera or waking it up. I have missed many a shot by having to wait as the dang thing wakes up. The R6 MKI has no problem starting right up. Anyone else have that issue and is there a fix?

I set my ML bodies up this way. The EVF uses the most power but that is what you want to open quickly. The system is set to never go to sleep. When I move the body away from my eye it switches the LCD. After 5 seconds the LCD shuts off. Now the camera is always awake so when I bring it back to my eye the EVF wakes up instantly. Not like an OVF which is always letting light through but it is pretty close.

The caveat is that the IS runs continually. This doesn't bother me with RF lenses because they are quiet and both the IBIS and IS use new electromagnetic tech so they don't use much power. There may be a work around for EF lenses but I don't have any to test. When I did have one pressing the menu (or another which I now can't remember) shut the lens IS off.

This can be tweaked to taste.

Attachments

• 2525241.jpg
    2525241.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 96
I am extremely frustrated with the 3-4 second lag time when starting the camera or waking it up. I have missed many a shot by having to wait as the dang thing wakes up. The R6 MKI has no problem starting right up. Anyone else have that issue and is there a fix?
Try it with a different card. My R5 is pokey with certain cards (Angelbird). Nearly instant with ProGrade V90.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back