LrC 13.3 is out

Only RF

Well Known Member
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Not only new additions in the masking and lens blur areas the Neural Engine bug has been fixed. On my 2020 MacBook Air M1, 16GB RAM Denoise AI dropped from 115 seconds to 25 seconds.

Thanks for the info - updating now. If the Enhance has been speeded up, that will be good.

Trying out some of the features. LrC 13.3.

Lens Blur: In Develop, went to Lens Blur and clicked on Apply. The whole image becomes blurred. Hmm, what is this useful for?

Blur Background: In Library, went to Saved Preset > Adaptive: Blur background. The whole image again becomes blurred. Not useful. What am I missing?

Enhance: Worked as before, took 70 seconds.

Last edited:
I’m not sure. My Intel Mac made little difference but my M1 was significant. What are you Performance settings in LrC preferences?

Auto use of the GeForce GTX 1660 Ti 6 GB, Cache 5 GB...

I just tried it on my MacBook Air again and 25 seconds with an R6II file. I had it with me for 2 months in Portugal and it was like molasses. Anytime there was an LrC or OS update I tried it and I always for 115 seconds. I'm not a computer expert. Maybe ask at the Lightroom Queen forums?

It's OK - I think the software should figure out the optimization. I can wait the extra minute if needed.

I explored the blur functions a bit more. It seems the AI tries to figure out distances in the image, and you can set distance ranges to be in focus or out of focus. You can also let it auto-select the subject, but that made a mess of the pic I was working on. The range selection sort of works, but I am getting weird effects in some of the OOF shapes. They bizarrely go in and out of blur. Those things can be fixed with more fiddling... but the fan in my box is blowing like crazy while I'm doing these things, and it's getting warm in the room.

It's easier to blur areas the old way, by selecting and using sliders.

The way things are going with AI, I might have to get a computer with a water cooler.

Trying out some of the features. LrC 13.3.

Lens Blur: In Develop, went to Lens Blur and clicked on Apply. The whole image becomes blurred. Hmm, what is this useful for?

Blur Background: In Library, went to Saved Preset > Adaptive: Blur background. The whole image again becomes blurred. Not useful. What am I missing?

Enhance: Worked as before, took 70 seconds.
Would need to see your image to judge. Been using Lens Blur since it came in and I've never had it do an entire image. From your comments I'm assuming it can't seem to find a subject to base the blur on.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back