LrC 14 is out

Only RF

Veteran Member
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
I started a pre release thread but decided to add one post release. It is 14.0.1 as of today. Adobe corrected some bugs.

Not a lot of great new features but this is not the first time Adobe has updated the version number in the fall and not had any. While some may feel disappointed, unlike competitors Adobe has major releases mid year. Adobe DeNoise AI (v12) in May of 2022 and Generative AI in v13.3 this past summer are two examples.

One thing I really liked is now it packs up the old catalogue and components into a ZIP file and places it not the Lightroom Folder. After an update I always removed the old catalogue/components and put them I temp folder on my desktop to be sure I didn't remove anything critical. I was a tad uneasy for a day or so wondering if I messed up. Now we don't have to worry about anything.

I was little surprised to see the new catalogue was still named 13-3. I did a search and now you can easily rename it. File - Rename. I checked the Rename Parent folder box for consistency.

However what is likely to come is exiting.

Now in Camera RAW you can use Denoise AI and it does not create a separate DNG file. You can see the entire file, not a window. After denoising is complete you apply the amount you like. You can apply sharpening, radius, detail and masking as well.

Next is a new Color Profile called Adobe Adaptive which is currently a beta. I don't know much about it yet but it looks pretty good. I'm not sure if it is generic or camera specific. To activate while in ACR click on the gear in the upper right hand corner - select Technology Previews.

I tried to use Auto with it and got this message. So I guess instead of creating a preset to apply Auto at import you can just use that profile and the base adjustments are done for you.

9.21.48 AM.jpg

"Now in Camera RAW you can use Denoise AI and it does not create a separate DNG file."

I really like this.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back