Brian McGovern

Well Known Member
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
Brian McGovern
Does anyone know why my metadata is not showing on the images i have posted? Any suggestion how I can fix this?

Does anyone know why my metadata is not showing on the images i have posted? Any suggestion how I can fix this?
Hi Brian. Sorry I only just spotted this. Metadata will only show if it's still embedded in your images when you upload. If you have processed the images before uploading there is a chance that it might have been stripped out. How are you processing your images?

Hi Tim, When I download my images from the camera they go straight into Lightroom and I export them from there.

Hi Tim, When I download my images from the camera they go straight into Lightroom and I export them from there.
That's strange. A standard Lightroom export should maintain all the exif data. If you open the JPEG in LR or PS do you still see the exif data then?

I shall have a look. It will be something I have done. PS & LR I am at amoeba level.

I shall have a look. It will be something I have done. PS & LR I am at amoeba level.
If you open the JPEG in LR or PS and the exif is not visible then it could be something in your export settings that has stripped it out. If it is visible, then it could be getting stripped when uploaded here, although it shouldn't be so I'd need to look into that further.

Glad you’ve worked it out Brian! 🙂

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back