New Member and a question

Knowoneuno

Newcomer
Followers
Following
Name
Jay
I just bought a R5 yesterday.

Watched an hour long video on some suggestions on how to set up the camera by Tony Northrup.

Some I did, some I didn't.

But, here's my first question.

I take a photo, then it seems like it takes forever to see the image on the back of the screen? It seems to be my old 5D Mark IV was almost instantly showing the completed photo on the back of the screen. Is it because I don't have a CFExpress card in the camera?

Thanks in advance for any answers you can give me.

Hi Jay and welcome, I'm fairly new here too. Not having a CFExpress card shouldn't make any difference as the camera is made to use SD cards too. For photos the SD card will be fine. It maybe one of the settings you have implemented from Tony's video causing your issue. I would re-check the settings you put in and as a last resort I would reset the camera to default settings then try your picture speed again. I also think Jared Polin from FroKnowsPhotos.com has a much better R5 setup and user video than Tony Northrup.

Last edited:
Hi Jay and welcome, I'm fairly new here too. Not having a CFExpress card shouldn't make any difference as the camera is made to use SD cards too. For photos the SD card will be fine. It maybe one of the settings you have implemented from Tony's video causing your issue. I would re-check the settings you put in and as a last resort I would reset the camera to default settings then try your picture speed again. I also think Jared Polin from FroKnowsPhotos.com has a much better R5 setup and user video than Tony Northrup.
Thank you,

I'll go check out Jared's video and his settings.

Welcome Jay and thanks for joining up here. It's certainly pretty quick displaying the image on my R5 even when using an SD card. There are some settings for this under the shooting menu (first menu item with camera icon) and tab 7 where you should find image review. But this controls how long the image is displayed for or you can turn it off completely. Personally I prefer it off anyway, then I just hit the preview button if I want to review an image.

Found out the reason for the slow response, I need fast CFExpress cards, not SD cards. So I've ordered two CFExpress cards.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back