New to RF and need advice.

A 500mm f/7.1 on an R7 with a 1.4x extender will be the equivalent of 1120mm at f/16 on full frame for noise and DoF. The R7 will autofocus.

Yes it will

_G7A3309-2.jpg
  • Canon EOS R7
  • RF100-500mm F4.5-7.1 L IS USM + EXTENDER RF1.4x
  • 700.0 mm
  • ƒ/10
  • 1/3200 sec
  • ISO 1600

Cheers Guys - thought it might but worth asking first.

Hi. After 54 years of taking photographs as a hobby and pursuing my wildlife interests I finally thought it might be nice to try out a mirrorless camera. I shoot Canon of course. I own a 1DX mkIII, a 5D mk IV and a 7D mk II. All fantastic cameras that I will never pass on. The awaited DSLR replacement for the 7D never materialised as Canon has gone down the mirrorless route so I followed Canon Rumour until I discovered that an APS-C mirrorless was to become a reality. I got in the queue and pre-ordered a new R7 with an adapter as I have a number of L series lenses that I also will never part with. It arrived and I set it up to emulate the 7DmkII and gave it a go.......... disaster! This was November last year and I still don't seem to get the hang of it. There are a lot of things I really don't like about it in terms of construct, feel, control positions, the lack of the top display....it's a long list. I would like as much input as possible from users who have made a successful foray into the mirrorless domain, preferably with the R7 although any useful information regarding this new form of camera would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks and kind regards
Barry
Hi Barry. I've come to Canon mirrorless after decades using Nikon DSLRs. It's quite a change. I found this third party e-book to be very helpful:

Frank.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back