Newcomer
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
Frank Reiter
Hi folks. Just a quick introduction.

My fascination with photography started as a young child and never let go. I invested in Nikon gear in my early twenties and stayed with Nikon for almost 30 years.

Last year I got interested in shooting good video, and so it was time to upgrade from my excellent but old DSLR gear to mirrorless. Everything was on the table at that point. After lots of research I decided on Canon, and said goodby to a lot of old friends (Nikon lenses).

I now have an R7 and an R6 mk II. The R7 is my main photography camera because my back doesn't allow me to carry much these days, and the cropped sensor covers such a nice range with the 24-105 f4L. That plus the 14-35 covers all my walkabout and travel needs in a light weight kit.

I've also been assembling a set of F1.4 primes for video work. I expect to be working in some cluttered settings, so I'll be counting in part on shallow DOF to separate my subjects from the background. By using one full-frame and one cropped sensor camera, I can get similar FOV from both cameras without duplicating any lenses. This part of my kit is all EF mount, mostly bought used, so that I can use a VND EF-RF adaptor.

I've learned a lot about photography over the years, but video is quite new to me. I've got a lot to learn!

Thank you to the good folks at RF Shooters for creating this place. Fingers crossed that it catches on!

Frank.

Last edited:
Welcome Frank and thank you very much for joining up here and introducing yourself. It sounds like you are building a nice collection of Canon gear now at Nikon's expense, it's a shame that they still seem to be struggling. Just let me know if you have any questions about the forum here.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back