new to Canon

Coral65

Newcomer
Followers
Following
Name
Carol Davies
Thanks for adding me, I'm in the process of selling my Nikon camera and lenses in favour of a Canon R50 - I'm not really very good with all the technical stuff and now, later in life, just want something small and lightweight but that takes good quality images. It'll be mainly used for grandchildren, pets and in the summer a family holiday and wedding to Florida. A compact camera would probably be ideal as I don't want to carry around lenses but I think image quality would be compromised and I prefer moving the zoom myself which brings me to the R50 - I would welcome any opinions on this model, I've looked at a lot of reviews and it sounds ideal but I'm getting a bit put off with it being regarded a 'creator and vloggers ' ideal camera. Thank you

Welcome Carol and thank you for joining up here! The R50 is proving to be a very popular camera ad I wouldn't let the 'creator and vloggers' label put you off it one bit, if anything it's a bonus as it just means it's great for both photography and videography. If you are on Facebook then our Canon R50 Shooters Group is very popular and has thousands of images posted. Just let me know if you have any questions about the camera or this forum.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back