Chris Summers

Well Known Member
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
Chris Summers
So many cities and towns have murals now that are painted by local artists and often have themes based on what is in the area. Here a few from the 5 towns I visited. I tend to try to crop the mural to look like it's on the wall in a gallery unless the surrounding subjects are of interest. And sometimes there's a car or something in front of part of the mural so I usually crop in a bit.

Attachments

• 2023-046-010 Texas Courthouse trip.jpg
    2023-046-010 Texas Courthouse trip.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 30
  • 2023-046-011 Texas Courthouse trip.jpg
    2023-046-011 Texas Courthouse trip.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 25
  • 2023-046-012 Texas Courthouse trip.jpg
    2023-046-012 Texas Courthouse trip.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 23
  • 2023-046-385 Texas Courthouse trip.jpg
    2023-046-385 Texas Courthouse trip.jpg
    938.1 KB · Views: 27
  • 2023-046-389 Texas Courthouse trip.jpg
    2023-046-389 Texas Courthouse trip.jpg
    623 KB · Views: 31
So many cities and towns have murals now that are painted by local artists and often have themes based on what is in the area. Here a few from the 5 towns I visited. I tend to try to crop the mural to look like it's on the wall in a gallery unless the surrounding subjects are of interest. And sometimes there's a car or something in front of part of the mural so I usually crop in a bit.
We have been visiting murals in Providence, RI and I have about six articles covering about 15 murals. It is fun to locate and photograph them. Here, we found Sundays the best as there is little traffic and easy parking.

We have been visiting murals in Providence, RI and I have about six articles covering about 15 murals. It is fun to locate and photograph them. Here, we found Sundays the best as there is little traffic and easy parking.
Same here on weekends and we found that the painters often work on the weekend since they can get their bucket lift up next to the building.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back