My Unicorn Lens (Canon RF 28-70 f2 L) has Shipped!

View Latest Canon RF Lens Deals At: B&H Photo

MaraLee

Well Known Member
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
Mara Lee
City/State
Atlanta, GA
I just received notice that the ever-so-elusive RF 28-70 that has been out of stock everywhere is scheduled to be in my hot pudgy hands tomorrow! I'm not sure I'll be able to sleep tonight. :giggle:

Very jealous!! I have been debating which will be my first RF lens and I think the 28-70 is the winner. I was between that and the 50mm F/1.2. The versatility of the 28-70 won out over the more wide open prime. I just find the way I shoot, I do more zooming. Maybe it's because I am lazy and just don't want to have to move my body to get closer tighter shots. Please post some shots with the new lens when you get it!!

I agonize over every purchase. I got the RF 24-105 f4-7.1 with the R6 body just to have an RF lens to shoot with, (no canon adapters available) and because it was the ONLY configuration available in stock anywhere to buy at the time. But honestly, I rarely use it now.

When the RF 50 1.8 came out, I bought it just because it was cheap and a handy knock-around lens to have. I can throw it in a small case and take it in my motorcycle saddlebag.

For weeks, I agonized over something to do portraits with. One that would pay for itself. I LOVE all the BIF photos, but I don't bird. So, I took the plunge and bought the RF 85 f1.2. HOLY COW, what a beast of a lens. I honestly wasn't prepared, and I'm still learning how far I can push it. For portraiture, it'll be my go-to, hands down.

I can't wait to try out the 28-70. I've been wanting a zoom in the RF glass since last fall when I got the R6. I'll probably eventually get the RF 70-200, but I have an old EF and an adapter to use for now if I need it.

All I can say is this lens is purely magical. I'm so excited to familiar with it.

Attachments

• Russian-1.jpg
    Russian-1.jpg
    278.8 KB · Views: 60

View Latest Canon RF Lens Deals At: B&H Photo

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back