New Member from North East of England

Harold Moses

Newcomer
Followers
Following
Name
Harold Moses
Hi everyone, since I retired I have really enjoyed the challenge of trying to get wildlife images, mainly of Birds, Whales, Dolphins and Flying Fish. I have recently purchased a R5 and am initially using it with a RF100mm x 500mm telephoto lens with the RF1.4 extender. I did have a Canon 5D mark 4 and the EF100mm x 400mm with a EF1.4 extender. I am a little bit disappointed that when using the RF1.4 extender and the RF 100mm x 500mm lens, the focal range is "limited" to only 420mm x 700mm, whereas using the EF range, I could use a focal range of 140mm x 560mm, so may consider not using the RF 1.4 extender on all occasions. Looking forward to seeing some wonderful images on this site, regards, to all, Harold

Welcome Harold and thank you for joining up here and introducing yourself. I have the 100-500 and I'm considering the 1.4x but that 420mm limit I do find a little off putting. I might just manage with cropping for now. If you have any questions about the site please don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks Timothy, I will never forget being so close to a group of 3 Humpbacks swimming side by side, right next to the ship I was on in Iceland, that I could not get a shot of all 3 of them as I had an extender on my lens. I would not have had time to change the lens to a wide angle I had in the Cabin, but never thought at that time to get my IPhone out and get a shot with that. I now always carry the wide angle with me, as well as the telephoto, to make sure I would not miss that shot again.

2F96CAD1-F6C7-425C-A87B-4559A9A08F1E.jpeg

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back