Name
Nick Leonard
City/State
Poole
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
Firmware 1.5.2 has appeared on the Canon UK website:

Firmware Version 1.5.2 incorporates the following enhancement:
1. Optimizes AutoFocus accuracy when Extender RF1.4x or Extender RF2x is attached to the RF800mm F5.6 L IS USM and RF1200mm F8 L IS USM lenses.
2. Enhances the stability of Eye Detection.
3. Enhances AutoFocus tracking when shooting moving subjects.

Not going to update it for a few days but one of R5 owners has installed it will be testing later today

R5 firmware 1.5.2 now available on the Canon USA site

I spoke to Glyn who upgraded yesterday and he was most impressed with the R5 with 1.5.2. I was going to leave it for another 24 hours but most comments are super positive so I have upgraded from 1.5.0 to 1.5.2 and all seems well. its does seem to have improved the normal AF and the eye AF seems better.

Something definitely went south with animal-detect eye auto-focus in 1.5.0 and 1.5.1. Thankfully what they did in 1.5.2 not only fixed it but IMO it's the best it's been.

Has this update helped in anyway? I’m still on 1-5-1 .

I have used 1.52 now since it came out in the US and have no issues. All good! Love the R5

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back