Canon R5 Paint wear on R5 body

NickAndersonPhoto

Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
Nick Anderson
My cameras get a lot of use and I've had Canon bodies from the EOS55 through the 10D, 7D MkII and all marks of 5D. I expect the odd ding and wear mark to eventually appear but not this. My R5 arrived in December and I've used it 2 or 3 times a week since then and I've noticed wear marks on the corner of the screen/body notch where I put the ball of my thumb to bring out the screen. I don't have a nail in that thumb so this is purely the abrasion of my skin against the camera body.

I was wondering if anyone else has noticed this or if my camera happened to suffer from a poor paint job? It obviously doesn't affect the function of the camera but certainly would alter the resale value, not that I want to get rid of it just yet.

Any suggestions?

Attachments

• R5 Body.jpg
    R5 Body.jpg
    591.7 KB · Views: 88
The finish along the whole bottom edge of your screen back looks defective to me? Mine (R6) is the texture, evenly coated all the way to the extreme edge, where yours tapers off to what looks like painted metal. I would contact Canon about it - can't hurt?

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali
Back