nickhanson

Well Known Member
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
Nick Hanson
Caveat: these images were captured on the 5D Mark IV, however am sharing them as I know there are landscape enthusiasts here who will appreciate my knowledge.

Yesterday I shared a couple of images from here on the Isle of Skye where I discussed the importance of using light to draw the viewers attention towards the main subject in the composition. In that post I also touched upon patience in landscape photography.

The images below are from Loch Awe in Scotland and the beautiful ruins of Kilchurn Castle. I was driving overnight from Skye to visit my mother and decided to stop off here as the forecast was for next to no wind and the chance of mist/fog.

I arrived around one hour before sunrise and the fog was that dense you couldn't see a thing from where I parked the car which is only 50 metres or so from the lochs edge. Regardless I got out and headed across to the lochs edge as I knew that once the sun got high and strong enough that it would most likely start to burn through the fog.

The first image was captured around ten minutes before sunrise when there was a strong enough breeze to start revealing the castle on the other side of the loch.

The image was captured just over an hour later as the sun was able to burn off more of the fog and finally hit the castle.

Basically there are times where you simply have to stick to your guns and hope that what you envisaged happening is actually going to happen, however of course it doesn't always work out that way.

_MG_6376.jpg

_MG_6418.jpg

Your photography is breathtaking! Thanks for sharing, I’m lear a lot reading your posts.

Wonderful! I like the image a bit later in the morning with some warm light on the castle.

Beautiful!

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back