Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
Paul
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
I've been kicking around here for a couple of days now, so I figure it's time to share some images. This is my first post with images, so hopefully I'm formatting it properly.

One of the driving factors in my upgrade to my EOS R8 from my old camera was an opportunity to travel to Whistler, BC, this summer for a few days. I've never been a huge landscape shooter, but I knew that there'd be scenes there that I'd really want to capture, and I had been starting to think of upgrading my camera. I was invited for the trip, and then just a few days later, Canon announced the R8, so I preordered one. It's a really lovely travel camera, given that it's so small and light. All of these were done with either the 24-105mm STM or the 100-400mm, which was the real hero of the trip. I've always been under the impression that wide-angle lenses are the choice for landscapes, but I couldn't get enough of zooming in on distant mountains or other landscape elements. I was fortunate to have lovely weather while there, and so it was a pleasure to get out and explore early in the morning or in the evening at sunset.

For processing, I shot in RAW, and then processed in Lightroom Classic with a bit of Photoshop as well.

Thanks for having a look! Feel free to let me know what you think.

IMG_5983_PS.jpg
IMG_5939_PS.jpg

IMG_6105_PS.jpg

IMG_6139_PS.jpg

IMG_6126_PS.jpg

IMG_6288_PS.jpg

IMG_6452_PS.jpg

IMG_6795_PS.jpg

IMG_6802_PS.jpg

Did you take the tram between the two peaks? Longest span in the world. Glass floors. It was damaged by vandals but I don't know if it has been repaired.

Did you take the tram between the two peaks? Longest span in the world. Glass floors. It was damaged by vandals but I don't know if it has been repaired.
I didn't ride the peak-to-peak gondola, but I did ride to the top of Whistler Mountain for a sunset wedding ceremony. It was glorious! Just an incredible, breathtaking landscape. That's where the final two images are from. The sky was like an oil painting, just unreal.

I didn't ride the peak-to-peak gondola, but I did ride to the top of Whistler Mountain for a sunset wedding ceremony. It was glorious! Just an incredible, breathtaking landscape. That's where the final two images are from. The sky was like an oil painting, just unreal.
Nice shots and yes it is quite spectacular. I barely got my wife onto that peak to peak tram. :) I said holy #rap when we could see it from the gondola going up the mountain. That panicked her a bit. I'm dumb and have no fear. I did all the rides at the top of the Strat ( formally Stratosphere) in Vegas.

We have friends in Victoria and have not been out that way for a while. I need to go again. I got a nice shot of Shannon falls last time I was there. Made a nice B&W.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back