Followers
Following
Name
Hali
City/State
Rhode Island, US
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
Just want to say that after much waffling, I ended up purchasing a Peak Design carbon fiber tripod (and ball head). I couldn't be happier. The thing is tiny when folded up and comes in a very form fitting case, but it has 4 nice size leg sections and a good head. The ball head took some getting used to as I'm used to the Really Right Stuff monsters but after a few hours I had it moving well and locking easily into position. The ballhead takes arca swiss style connections and comes with the traditional peak design camera attachment. I kept my L brackets on my cameras and removed the two protection posts and it locks in very well both horizontally and vertically.

So if anyone is in the mood for a (rather expensive but well worth it) new tripod I'd take a look at the Peak Design one, it's well made and apparently can handle 20 or 25lbs easily. I haven't tested that out yet, and probably wont.

Just want to say that after much waffling, I ended up purchasing a Peak Design carbon fiber tripod (and ball head). I couldn't be happier. The thing is tiny when folded up and comes in a very form fitting case, but it has 4 nice size leg sections and a good head. The ball head took some getting used to as I'm used to the Really Right Stuff monsters but after a few hours I had it moving well and locking easily into position. The ballhead takes arca swiss style connections and comes with the traditional peak design camera attachment. I kept my L brackets on my cameras and removed the two protection posts and it locks in very well both horizontally and vertically.

So if anyone is in the mood for a (rather expensive but well worth it) new tripod I'd take a look at the Peak Design one, it's well made and apparently can handle 20 or 25lbs easily. I haven't tested that out yet, and probably wont.
I'm glad you posted this I was eyeballing that tripod. I have a tripod but traveling with it is difficult and the legs are long and makes it a challenge to walk with it

I was waffling too. The price seemed to be the stumbling block for me, but after a long search, I decided the difference between what is out there for small and light weight, the Peak Design won out. Terrific engineering and construction and like Hali, the ball head took some getting used to. In this case, size matters! FWIW, I found mine on eBay, new and at a discount.

I Love mine! bought used with extras

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back