Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
Joseph Boza
City/State
Phoenix, Arizona
first post of an image out of my canon r6 from a recent saturday morning stroll through the phoenix desert botanical gardens.

although i've had the r6 a good couple of weeks, this was the first real opportunity i had to spend some time with the camera. first impressions of use and general handling, and image quality are FANTASTIC.

i've also been working to transition my post processing workflow to capture one, and this is literally the first image i've edited and exported. so far, i'm also very pleased with what i'm seeing from capture one.

image was intentionally edited to be somewhat matte and vintage in appearance so my wife and i can display this along with some other images previously edited in a similar manner. true-to-life colors were spot-on and possessed that "canon look" i've long desired.

lens used for this shot was the canon rf 35/f1.8. lovely little lens.

phoenix-desert-botanical-garden_20210306_boza_0011.jpg
  • Canon EOS R6
  • RF35mm F1.8 MACRO IS STM
  • 35.0 mm
  • ƒ/1.8
  • 1/4000 sec
  • ISO 100

"Tack sharp" in more ways than one! 😁

Nice shot! I'm in the Phoenix area too. I keep wanting to go to the Botanical Gardens but have yet to make it. I'll make it there one of these days.

Nice shot! I'm in the Phoenix area too. I keep wanting to go to the Botanical Gardens but have yet to make it. I'll make it there one of these days.
welcome! you absolutely should make time to go (especially before summer really cranks up!) - evenings are also really nice. i'm looking forward to returning soon as well.

welcome! you absolutely should make time to go (especially before summer really cranks up!) - evenings are also really nice. i'm looking forward to returning soon as well.
If you want to mix both plants and animals, the Sonoran Desert Museum is also an excellent place to explore with your camera. They are very camera-friendly for non-commercial photography.

The Desert Museum in Saguaro National Park is a great place to visit to do photography too. Amazing opportunities to photograph hummingbirds as well as many other kinds of birds and plants.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back