Followers
Following
Name
Tim
City/State
Shropshire
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
A big thanks to everyone who joined in with the water photography challenge last month.

So for this month I thought we could try something different and go with a selective color challenge.

If you would like some tips on selective color photography and basic Lightroom editing then this article will point you in the right direction:
https://digital-photography-school.com/selective-color-more-dynamic-images/

And you can also find some inspiration over on Flickr:
https://www.flickr.com/groups/scolor/pool/

This is not a competition so there will be no winners announced, it's purely for fun and self-development.

Simple Rules:
  • Canon cameras only please
  • Please don't post more than 3 separate posts, multiple images may be included in a single post.
Have fun!

It's the 12th and no takers yet?

There was a big fad of doing selective color editing back when digital cameras first hit the market for consumers and the software became available and user friendly. Everybody and their brother/sister was doing selective color photos. Now I think a new generation is 'discovering' it and calling "color pop" or "color splash" using apps just for this purpose when it's quickly done using Adobe.

This was just for fun. Please - somebody put up something worthy of the challenge? 😁

Bigfoot.jpg

Love this shot Mike!
Thanks Tim, got lucky as it’s not really my forte, haven’t got the patience to do the masking. If it works with the colour sliders then it’s a result in my book.:LOL:. Another taken today on Arran.

F5457A3A-E058-48B5-84E9-40C309DF2F76.jpeg

Last edited:
This reminds me of one of those photos you get in a new picture frame haha. It's definitely not my particular favourite style, but they look striking sometimes.
003A3115.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • RF24-105mm F4 L IS USM
  • 105.0 mm
  • ƒ/4
  • 1/8000 sec
  • ISO 1250

Here is a quick one I threw together in the office today. I really enjoy the monthly themes as it requires me to think about it and get out and take a shot. It's never about what I have I already shot but what I can get out and shoot. Don't seem to spend enough time behind the camera these days :(
dartboard.jpg

It's the 12th and no takers yet?

There was a big fad of doing selective color editing back when digital cameras first hit the market for consumers and the software became available and user friendly. Everybody and their brother/sister was doing selective color photos. Now I think a new generation is 'discovering' it and calling "color pop" or "color splash" using apps just for this purpose when it's quickly done using Adobe.

This was just for fun. Please - somebody put up something worthy of the challenge? 😁

View attachment 4445
Outstanding

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back