Followers
Following
Name
Hali
City/State
Rhode Island, US
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
Not the most inspiring of compositions and the grass behind it is still a dull brown, but it gives an interesting effect. The soft one is turned all the way left. The second one is in the middle. For some reason, I didn't turn it all the way to the right. I need to give it more time to fully understand how to use it best.
2023_03_27_Crocus-10071-Edit1080.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • RF100mm F2.8 L MACRO IS USM
  • 100.0 mm
  • ƒ/2.8
  • 1/2500 sec
  • ISO 100
2023_03_27_Crocus-10091-Edit1080.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • 100.0 mm
  • ƒ/2.8
  • 1/2500 sec
  • ISO 100

Thanks for sharing the images. Interesting look, but not sure if it is something that I would actually use with macro. I guess if I were more into the abstract, artsy type of macros the I probably would use it. It does add a creative aspect for sure.

Is the first image the one without the SA effect and the second one with?

What does the effect look like when using the lens in a non-macro way? Such as at a portrait distance for example?

Thanks for sharing the images. Interesting look, but not sure if it is something that I would actually use with macro. I guess if I were more into the abstract, artsy type of macros the I probably would use it. It does add a creative aspect for sure.

Is the first image the one without the SA effect and the second one with?

What does the effect look like when using the lens in a non-macro way? Such as at a portrait distance for example?
Thanks, Bryan. Yes the first one was with the SA set to the "0" position, a normal macro, albeit one at f/2.8. The second one was with the SA fully engaged, to the left. I don't do much in the way of portrait work, but if you look at this one that was taken at a "portrait" distance
2022_06_28_CostaRica-10359-Edit1080.jpg
  • Canon EOS R6
  • 100.0 mm
  • ƒ/16
  • 1/200 sec
  • ISO 100
away with the 100mm lens.

Thanks for the info Hali. This image is wonderful...except...did you know that there is a snake in it....😱:D

While it is a pretty snake...for a snake....I have to be honest, I am afraid of only two types of snakes...live ones and dead ones.

Thanks for the info Hali. This image is wonderful...except...did you know that there is a snake in it....😱:D

While it is a pretty snake...for a snake....I have to be honest, I am afraid of only two types of snakes...live ones and dead ones.
A snake? where? LOL It was a viper too. But it was pretty chill. Personally I like snakes, but usually at a reasonable distance!!!

And it finally cleared up enough to go back out and use the SA control all the way to the right. This is the last of that poor crocus, I looked today and it's fallen over. (although it might get some more creative edits down the line. You can see the nice little bokeh circles you get in the background. I'm sure it would be even nicer if the background was more than 3 inches away. This is pretty much undeveloped, I brought down the flower a bit because it was blown out.
023_03_29_Flowers-10020-Edit1080a.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • 100.0 mm
  • ƒ/2.8
  • 1/2500 sec
  • ISO 800

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back