R7 and R5 raw files - Fancy a go?...

Hi Jake,

These are excellent edits - very well matched too!

Thank you for taking the time to process them and explain your workflow - much appreciated (and duly noted!). Trust you had some fun... :D

We're also very happy with both our respective cameras - similar conclusions to you really - but I wouldn't have minded a few of the R7's AF features finding their way into the latest R5 f/w update (but they didn't).

Phil
Phil,

Thanks. I've honed my workflow over time where I can now get to this stage in an edit in about 2 minutes tops. I've just started using DxO Pure Raw after replacing my 11 year old MacBook which wouldn't load it. Glad that problem made me wait long enough for 3 to come out. I think it's worth it for wildlife shooters as we wind up in high ISO situations more than most.

I have it from reliable sources that we'll never see the R3/7 focus system in the R5 Mk I, but I believe we'll see more than the 1.8.1 firmware provided. At least we better based on what my source told me. LOL But it would be nice to have eye detect in all modes without having to use the back button to get it.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back