mikestrock

Newcomer
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
Mike Strock
I've also shot natural light, outdoors, because 1) I didn't own a flash and b) outdoors worked well for me.

But I finally bought a flash to go with my Canon R7.

Does anyone have a tutorial that they've seen that will walk through using this combination?

I'd like to think I'm an advanced photographer, but I'm a newbie with flash photography.

Thank you for any guidance you might have.

Mike.

What type of photography are you using the flash for? Portraits (on camera or off camera), macro, or sports etc.?

Jump on Youtube and check out the likes of Gavin Hoey and Mark Wallace from Adorama Tv. Daniel Norton does lots of in studio flash stuff. Hope this helps.

I have a TT685 IIc. Get yourself a transmitter for it for portraits. If you want to make some really dope stuff check out a cheap 3 ft soft box with a Bowens speedlite adapter and a continuous video LED light. I use a Nanlite FS150 and it works great. I can crank out headshots with it in no time.

What do you need help with on the 685?

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back