Mammals R7 rolling shutter on large mammals

A35Whelen

Newcomer
Followers
Following
Name
A35Whelen
I love to photograph wildlife and while I photograph everything from small birds to large mammals, my favorite subjects are definitely deer. I would love to use the silent shutter on the R7 to avoid detection by deer when photographing from a hide/blind on the ground. However, I'm concerned that the rolling shutter could be an issue with all the vertical tress in the background. I don't typically photograph deer on the run, but I frequently do so while they are walking or jogging slowly. I don't want the trees to be warped badly while panning with the deer as it walks/jogs through the woods. Does anyone have any experiences they can share on this?

I can detect rolling shutter effects on static subjects when the camera moves slightly between burst shots. It is definitely there, but most might not notice it in pics like that. It is a question of how much, and whether it looks bothersome to you or other viewers.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back