Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
Ken Alexander
City/State
Camberley
Does anyone know if this arrived in the UK yet and if so has anyone had any results ? I've actually sold my non IS EF version and thinking of ordering this. I suppose there
is a long order backlog for it.

Plumtreelad, I had the non IS, non L version which I sold. I've only had the RF version for the a week and used hand held. Even after this short time there is no doubt I made the right decision. The balance of the RF lens compared to the EF + adapter is so much better plus now having IS. Auto focusing is so much quicker and near silent. Manual focus is very smooth and although there is no distance scale externally I quite like it appearing in the view finder. In addition you now have the option of SA control and goes past 1:1 to 1:4. Yes it's expensive but for me it's worth it.
Thanks Ken. I think I will follow your example and trade in the ef and buy the rf

I don't think you'll regret it. Hope you can get hold of one or don't have too long waiting. It was 2 1/2 months for my lens to arrive.

Here is a 1/4" flower bud shot with the RF 100 F2.8 L IS Macro. 100 slices using R5 focus stacking, aligned and blended in Photoshop. Awesome lens.
_Y6A0234.CR3 (merged).jpg

Great image. I've not tried focus stacking yet on my R5. Now I have this lens I need to learn how to do it. I may struggle on my old PC
with stacking 100 RAW files as you have done here.

Great image. I've not tried focus stacking yet on my R5. Now I have this lens I need to learn how to do it. I may struggle on my old PC
with stacking 100 RAW files as you have done here.
Yeah, you can see the hairs and the dust on the bulb.
Took 30 minutes on PS to align and blend. Took 10 min to download into LR and then send to PS. File size on PS was immense. Took 10 minutes to save. 10 gen i7 PC w 32GB mem. Camera shot 100 slices in about a minute. That was with the narrow/wide setting in camera set to narrow. Wide works better for landscapes, and I may split the diff for the next macro.

Plumtreelad, I had the non IS, non L version which I sold. I've only had the RF version for the a week and used hand held. Even after this short time there is no doubt I made the right decision. The balance of the RF lens compared to the EF + adapter is so much better plus now having IS. Auto focusing is so much quicker and near silent. Manual focus is very smooth and although there is no distance scale externally I quite like it appearing in the view finder. In addition you now have the option of SA control and goes past 1:1 to 1:4. Yes it's expensive but for me it's worth it.
sold my ef version today and ordered the Rf version. Not sure how long it will take to arrive but at least I am in the “queue”. Can’t wait!

sold my ef version today and ordered the Rf version. Not sure how long it will take to arrive but at least I am in the “queue”. Can’t wait!
plumtreelad, hope your wait is not too long. When I placed my order Canon was quoting a backlog of a number of its new RF lenses of which the RF 100 Macro was one of them. Fingers crossed they are catching up.

Well, the eagle has landed! Rf 100mm f2.8 arrived via FedEx this morning. Can’t wait to get out and give it its inaugural run! Thanks Panamoz for getting it to me within 4 days of ordering

Attachments

• 4E1CEDC7-CA92-4B76-A82F-4266DC1BA62B.jpeg
    4E1CEDC7-CA92-4B76-A82F-4266DC1BA62B.jpeg
    322.8 KB · Views: 52
Well, the eagle has landed! Rf 100mm f2.8 arrived via FedEx this morning. Can’t wait to get out and give it its inaugural run! Thanks Panamoz for getting it to me within 4 days of ordering
Seems they are getting more available now. Enjoy!!!!

View Latest Canon RF Lens Deals At: B&H Photo

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back