Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
Tom Kald
City/State
Toronto, ON
It looks like I'm in the minority here, but I'm a happy owner of an RP with the 24-105 kit lens, along
with an EF - EOS R adapter, so that I can use my existing EF (and even EF-S) glass.

In future, when $$ permits, I may upgrade the body, and sell my second body, a 6D.

Meanwhile, I'm plotting out my next lens purchase...

Let's hear from the RP owners!

Cheers

My first R camera was the RP , I used it with an EF 24-105 , I loved it it was a great camera in many ways , I took mine on a trip around Europe I did with my daughter on a motorbike , I was only taking snapshots of where we visited , but it was a very capable camera and a great small camera for travelling with .

I think the RP is very popular for its price point and there will be more RP users than other R series. I have this gut feeling that some users feel somehow the RP is not "worthy" as a serious camera. I do not share this sentiment at all.

From the Canon DSLR standpoint, I've been using somewhat more expensive models such as the 7D Mark II, 5D Mark III, 5DS-R before I ended up with the EOS RP. I still have the 7D Mark II and the 5DS-R. Originally, I bought the RP along with an RF 24-240mm, strictly for travel, wanting something light and small. But very quickly, the RP has become my all-time favorite camera. Now I use the RP about 90% of the time. I only use the 5DS-R when I need the extra resolution.

I find the RP to be superior and much more fun to use than most DSLRs...so much so that I feel no need to get the R or even the R6. I might break down and get the R5 for the resolution (then I can replace the 5DS-R) or the R3 for its "focusing ability by looking at where your eye looks" but I am in no hurry.

Last year I traveled to Vietnam, Singapore, and Malaysia with just the RP and the RF 24-240mm and had a blast. I used to lug around the 5DSR with a 24-70mm f/2.8, 70-200mm f/4 which were much heavier. I found the RP more than adequate for my needs. Here is a picture I took in Singapore...

EOS RP, RF24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM; FL 35mm; f/10; 4 secs, ISO 100
20191119 0191-0192 HDR Reduced.jpg
  • Canon EOS RP
  • RF24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
  • 35.0 mm
  • ƒ/10
  • 4 sec
  • ISO 100

It looks like I'm in the minority here, but I'm a happy owner of an RP with the 24-105 kit lens, along
with an EF - EOS R adapter, so that I can use my existing EF (and even EF-S) glass.

In future, when $$ permits, I may upgrade the body, and sell my second body, a 6D.

Cheers
I have the RP and a 6D. I bought the adapter with the circular polarizer because I am shooting with EF lenses and don’t plan to buy more than two RF len$e$, if any. Initially, I had a bad case of G.A.S., but the high prices of the excellent RF lenses helped me supress and overcome this serious condition. I remembered to not let excellence get in the way of good enough. I have battery packs for both cameras.

Add me to the list of happy RP owners. Like many, I'm enjoying the RF 24-105 walk around, and carry the 1.8 50mm w/adapter.

I was looking for a reasonable (read: budget friendly) gateway back into full frame. This fits the bill.

I mostly shoot nature and landscape, but will be testing the RP's capabilities for sports soon. Son is in high school track.

Keeping my fingers crossed that it's up for the task.

I'm an RP user, but I've had mine converted to full spectrum use for infrared/UV and visible light. I love the camera and use it mostly with the RF 24-240 or with the adapter and my EF lenses. I use it mostly for landscape for the IR but it's a great all around camera when I use the hot mirror on it for visible light.

Cheers
I'm an RP user with the 24-105 kit lens and 2 adapters. I broke down and bought the RF 600 mm F/11 lens for shooting birds mostly. I've just joined and will sort through some recent RF 600 photos and upload in a few days.

I bought the RP last year when I wanted to start doing some short video work. I only have the stock RF 24-105 f4.5-7.1 lens right now but I'm looking to get some better lenses soon. Trying to decide if I want to pick up an R6 or a more dedicated video camera like a BMPCC4k/6k. My other camera is an EOS 60D for which I only have a couple of lenses also.

Our Canon RP Resources: Firmware | User Guide | Price Check: B&H Photo

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back