Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
Tom Kald
City/State
Toronto, ON
It looks like I'm in the minority here, but I'm a happy owner of an RP with the 24-105 kit lens, along
with an EF - EOS R adapter, so that I can use my existing EF (and even EF-S) glass.

In future, when $$ permits, I may upgrade the body, and sell my second body, a 6D.

Meanwhile, I'm plotting out my next lens purchase...

Let's hear from the RP owners!

Cheers

My first dip into the RF world was with the RP and the 24-105 F4 lens. After the R6 became available I bought the body and that is now my main camera. However when the 50mm F1.8 'Nifty Fifty' arrived I got one and it now lives permanently on the RP as the walk around street camera. Small and compact and ideal for when you just want something less conspicuous.

It looks like I'm in the minority here, but I'm a happy owner of an RP with the 24-105 kit lens, along
with an EF - EOS R adapter, so that I can use my existing EF (and even EF-S) glass.

In future, when $$ permits, I may upgrade the body, and sell my second body, a 6D.

Meanwhile, I'm plotting out my next lens purchase...

Let's hear from the RP owners!

Cheers
My first dip into the RF world was with the RP and the 24-105 F4 lens. After the R6 became available I bought the body and that is now my main camera. However when the 50mm F1.8 'Nifty Fifty' arrived I got one and it now lives permanently on the RP as the walk around street camera. Small and compact and ideal for when you just want something less conspicuous.
Sounds real familiar. Every you are doing I have done. I do not have the 24-105 lens. I and going to sell my 6D and try to find the lens. Do you like the lens?

Sounds real familiar. Every you are doing I have done. I do not have the 24-105 lens. I and going to sell my 6D and try to find the lens. Do you like the lens?
If you're asking me about the 24-105 kit lens (F4 - 7.1 IS STM), then yes, I like it. The image quality is not up to "L" standards, but if you're on a tight budget like I am, it is quite decent. To paraphrase an old saying: "The best lens, is the one you have with you". :)

I just got mine a few weeks ago to replace my Canon Rebel T5. It was a great camera to learn on. I bought the RP as an upgrade- tight budget here too! I kept hearing a photographer I admire say, you do not need an expensive camera to be a good photographer. The RP has everything I need. I love it. I find myself taking fewer pictures because I don't have to keep checking my adjustments. I see it in the camera. And if I want to tweak and image, under or overexpose I can see what it will look like and go from there. I've gotten some lovely shots!

I have been using the RP for a while now and probably the best camera I have had. Been a Canon shooter for a while and have had a wide range of bodies. Current kit includes the following lens:

Canon 24mm-105mm F4 RF
Canon 50mm F1.8 RF
Canon 35mm F1.8 RF
Sigma 150mm-600mm EF (with adapter)

Next purchase maybe the Canon 15mm-35mm F2.8 RF, although I may go the the Sigma 14mm-24mm F2.8 EF

I will join your minority, I also am the proud and very happy owner of the Canon RP. I stepped up from the Canon 70D. I wanted to get into full frame and then when I started to research I saw the RF line that had just come out and it was full frame and mirrorless. I did a lot of research waffling between the R6 and the RP. I am not a professional photographer but I love taking pictures and decided that the RP had everything I needed, plus with the adapter I did not have worry about lens. I am also loving the lens it cam with the 24-105, also I don't vlog so I was not worried about the video. The RP has amazed me with each shot. I have not regretted my choice.

I've been using an EOS R since shortly after release, however I recently picked up an RP as a backup/b-camera. I'm loving it as a secondary camera, I toss it on a slider for timelapses while I shoot landscapes, and set it up as a second angle for talking head shots, and as an overhead camera as well. I also just used the focus bracketing feature for the first time today, wish my EOS R had that!

Even though I've only been using the RP a little while I set my buddy up with one a while back for Twitch streaming with the RF 35mm 1.8 and so far he's thrilled with it.

TBH the RP isnt that bad a photo camera. The sensor is smaller than the R and others, but overall you can do some really great pictures on it. I chose the RP and R because I honestly had no current need for the r5 or 6, I am not printing anything I shoot currently. for photography its a great entry right now. its pretty legit.

Our Canon RP Resources: Firmware | User Guide | Price Check: B&H Photo

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back