Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
Tom Kald
City/State
Toronto, ON
It looks like I'm in the minority here, but I'm a happy owner of an RP with the 24-105 kit lens, along
with an EF - EOS R adapter, so that I can use my existing EF (and even EF-S) glass.

In future, when $$ permits, I may upgrade the body, and sell my second body, a 6D.

Meanwhile, I'm plotting out my next lens purchase...

Let's hear from the RP owners!

Cheers

I'm an RP user with the 24-105 kit lens and 2 adapters. I broke down and bought the RF 600 mm F/11 lens for shooting birds mostly. I've just joined and will sort through some recent RF 600 photos and upload in a few days.
Do you like the 600mm f/11? I rented it for a few days and didn't have a positive experience.

Do you like the 600mm f/11? I rented it for a few days and didn't have a positive experience.
I’ve enjoyed the 600mm f/11. Primarily I’ve used it to shoot stationary birds, handheld in various lighting conditoons. I had to move around a bit more, since it’s not a zoom. But, for the price it’s a quality lense that takes sharp photos. I recommend it for a photographer on a budget.

I'm a happy owner of RP as well, but I use only EF lenses, mostly 24-105 L. Simply can't afford RF lenses just now. I've swapped from 7D mostly because of the weight but also because mirrorless system seems to slowly overtaking the market. RP is a great camera, I mostly do travel and landscape photography, and occasionally astro and macro. And here comes RP as a brilliant piece of tool with built in focus stacker and intervalometer, what can you ask more for?

It looks like I'm in the minority here, but I'm a happy owner of an RP with the 24-105 kit lens, along
with an EF - EOS R adapter, so that I can use my existing EF (and even EF-S) glass.

In future, when $$ permits, I may upgrade the body, and sell my second body, a 6D.

Meanwhile, I'm plotting out my next lens purchase...

Let's hear from the RP owners!

Cheers
How does the RP shoot with the adapter and EF-s lenses or do I need to be buying a RF lens? I have money into some EF-S lens. Now and trying to limit spending for now?

Hi,
I am an "EOS RFP" shooter and a "EOS R" Shooter!
I suppose in retorspect I could have purchase jus an "R5" or and " R6", But I reslly like the two tha I ultimatle bought!.
Keep shooting!

Attachments

• IMG_1791_1.JPG
    IMG_1791_1.JPG
    97 KB · Views: 76
I'm a happy owner of RP as well, but I use only EF lenses, mostly 24-105 L. Simply can't afford RF lenses just now. I've swapped from 7D mostly because of the weight but also because mirrorless system seems to slowly overtaking the market. RP is a great camera, I mostly do travel and landscape photography, and occasionally astro and macro. And here comes RP as a brilliant piece of tool with built in focus stacker and intervalometer, what can you ask more for?
I am An "RP" and an "R" shooter I use both EF and RF my favorite lens is the tamaron EF 100-400
But that rig gets heavy during an extended shooting period, I learn taking shoots lakeside in Cleveland.
I was shooting the sunset without my tripod!
It really got heavy!

Attachments

• EOS RP_1796.JPG
    EOS RP_1796.JPG
    151.9 KB · Views: 79
  • EOS RP_1798.JPG
    EOS RP_1798.JPG
    330.5 KB · Views: 84
  • EOS RP_1800.JPG
    EOS RP_1800.JPG
    273.9 KB · Views: 78
I hadn't shot much of anything since the 80s on film then decided I wanted to get back into photography this year with a granddaughter on the way. Grabbed a T2i off of ebay but very quickly started to feel the need for full frame. So for now I mostly use my RP with a 50mm 2.5 macro and the EF adapter and lifesize adapter to copy my old film photos, slides and negatives I shot back in the 70s.

Our Canon RP Resources: Firmware | User Guide | Price Check: B&H Photo

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back