TonyB

Well Known Member
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
Tony
My daughter was home for a couple weeks. She lives England where she’s finishing her masters degree and has decided to get a graduate visa, a job and start looking into PhD programs there. We don’t get to see her too much so having her home these last two weeks has been great. On Saturday she got up early and joined me for the sunrise. Usually I’m alone when I go because her mother is not a morning person and neither is my daughter. I know she got up just so we could have some daddy-daughter time before the day got busy. While we sat there, I told her how when I’m at the beach, when it’s early and quiet, I always look northeast and try to imagine the ocean being a bit smaller just to feel closer to her for a moment. I’m really proud of her but God, I miss her. Just as the sun started to break the horizon, I asked her to walk to the edge of the water directly in front of me and just watch the sunrise for a minute or two. This is one of the photos from that morning. Motion was added with Photoshop.
20230722-_G5A5423-Enhanced-NR-Edit-2.jpeg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • RF14-35mm F4 L IS USM
  • 20.0 mm
  • ƒ/10
  • 1/250 sec
  • ISO 1000

Beautiful! I dread the day my daughter grows up, but I wouldn’t dare clip her wings.

It sounds like your daughter has an amazing journey ahead of her. Wishing her the best & I hope she enjoys the ride!

Beautiful! I dread the day my daughter grows up, but I wouldn’t dare clip her wings.

It sounds like your daughter has an amazing journey ahead of her. Wishing her the best & I hope she enjoys the ride!
Thanks, Mimi.

What a great picture and memory for you two.

Beautiful story, excellent memory, I wish the best for you both. Enjoy your time together it’s always far to short.

Tony
It's always nice when a story is bound to a photo as it usually means a lot more even to us looker inners.
Great job Mate.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back