tpatana

Well Known Member
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
Tero Patana
Hi all. My name is Tero. Originally from but now living in Seattle, Usa.

My main shooting is specific martial arts sports (kendo / Japanese sword fighting). Past years I've been shooting that with my trusty 1DX. When things open up, I'm very curious to see how it compares with R5. Might be the 1DX will be my backup/assistant body from now on. Aside from sports, occasionally I shoot local shows, events and models. I always love to learn to be better and like to challenge myself to find new subjects to shoot. Because of the Covid, I basically haven't shot anything other than my indoor bunny with the R5, so for introductory / welcome pictures I'm using older pictures.
T1D_2140-Edit-DN.jpg
T1D_0694-Edit-Edit-Edit.jpg

Welcome Tero, I'm very much looking forward to seeing how you feel the R5 compares to your 1DX.

Welcome Tero! I'm sure you will be shooting subjects other than your gorgeous bunny very soon! That dress is stunning!

Yes so far the bunny is my only model, although I keep getting pings from local models/designers asking for shoot. Most of them I have declined due to the situation.

I love the 28-70 lens, seems very sharp. Currently that's my only RF lens, but I have plenty EF in the bag too. Next month I'm shooting a wedding, before that I need to learn and practice with the "Ambient Priority" on the ETTL settings. On paper that sounds great improvement for event shooting, but need to test it to understand how it actually works. Weddings is not the place to practice new features on your new camera :p

TR5_0091.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • RF28-70mm F2 L USM
  • 65.0 mm
  • ƒ/2
  • 1/250 sec
  • ISO 5000

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back