Canon R5 Canon R5 Video Button not Stopping the Recording?

Jake Shoots Birds

Well Known Member
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
Jake Kurdsjuk
City/State
Washington, NJ
I was out shooting Burrowing Owls yesterday morning and decided to shoot some video, which I don't do a lot but have done in the past. The first video went fine, but with the second and third video I shot when I went to hit the Record button on the top of the camera it would not stop the recording (as it had done in the past). In both cases I had to lower the camera and use the edge of my thumb to push the button before it would stop. Hasn't happened before, haven't had a chance to test it since.

Has anyone ever experienced this? I'd say it was user error if the same finger had issues initiating the recording, but that went perfectly smoothly each time.

I should add that I recreated this yesterday. It seems to happen in a video of longer than 30 seconds shot through the viewfinder and not off the back screen.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back