Following
Name
Edward
City/State
Loudoun, Virginia
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
Hi,

Been playing with my R6II. Trying to decide what and how to set up my C1-3 custom shooting scenes. Thinking….

C1 Portrait (human, animal, group, etc)
C2 Action (sports, automotive, etc)
C3 Undecided, maybe landscape?

Anyway, saved my Aperture Priority settings to C1 because that’s what I mostly shoot. For this mode, I like the DOF Preview button to actually be DOF Preview. Then set up Flexible Priority for C2…for this mode I like the DOF Preview button to actuate Raw Burst mode. Got everything set up the way I like, go back to AV, double check some things and then back to C1, and DOF is changed back to Raw Burst. I manually customize that button back to DOF Preview and within a few manipulations of other buttons it returns to Raw Burst.

I can’t imagine setting up the custom shooting scenes is that difficult or am I looking at a software hiccup? I really don’t want to have to send it in, but I want it to work correctly more.

Thoughts? Has anyone set up their custom shooting scenes?

Thanks

My first guess is that you have "Auto update set" set to enable.

Auto update set.jpg

Good guess, but no, its disabled.
Hmmm. I just went into my camera and set the DOF button to DOF for C3 and Raw Burst for C2, switched back and forth, no problem. They retained the settings. Just to be clear with what I did exactly, I went into the menu to the Customize buttons option, changed the DOF button to DOF (mine was set to something different), went into the menu to the Custom shooting mode and saved it as C3. I then went back in the menu to the Customize buttons option (didn't touch anything else), changed DOF to Raw Burst, then went back into the menu to Custom shooting mode and saved it as C2. I then tested these changes by turning the dial mode back and forth between C3 and C2 to see if these customs settings had been saved. They had. One point: my Custom shooting modes are set under M. Not sure if that matters or not.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back