Followers
Following
Name
Dean Wilson
City/State
Canby, Oregon
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
As a "Serious Hobbyist Photographer" I still get complaints from strangers on my photos that, "You don't need an R5 for that." or "You don't need that RF L-series glass...".

What I really don't need is a strangers opinion on how to spend my money.

Go out and have fun...that's what is important.

OTOH there's the "wow this pic is amazing, your camera must be really good" -crowd.

and of course,

"That was a wonderful Dinner; you must have a terrific stove."

As a "Serious Hobbyist Photographer" I still get complaints from strangers on my photos that, "You don't need an R5 for that." or "You don't need that RF L-series glass...".

What I really don't need is a strangers opinion on how to spend my money.

Go out and have fun...that's what is important.
Exactly! That's the job of my wife.

None of us “need” an R whatever camera… but we like them and we can do what we want. Don’t like it, pound salt…

The more experience and practice I gain, I find I subscribe to the John Lennon “I am an artist, man. Give me a tuba, and I’ll get you something out of it.”

When someone pokes their nose in where it don't belong, I just give them a sweet smile and say "DILLIGAF."
Those who know what that means get mad and stomp off.
Those who don't know get that 'deer in headlights' look.
I can't decide which is more entertaining.

When someone pokes their nose in where it don't belong, I just give them a sweet smile and say "DILLIGAF."
"Do I Look Like I Give A F**k?"

had to Google it.

My bad attitude from trying to learn the single life after 35 years of marriage.
Been 14 years now, but I think I'm getting it figured out.
One of my goto spots when I get fed up with people -
4C7A0550.jpg
  • Canon EOS R7
  • RF70-200mm F4 L IS USM
  • 70.0 mm
  • ƒ/5
  • 1/200 sec
  • ISO 100

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back