What Photography Related Item Have You Bought or Sold This Week?

...that's good to know, Dave Williams. I will come back to this page when needed.

Last week I bought the RF 100-400 f6.3-f8
That pretty much finishes my transition to RF a process I started in 2019.

I purchased a Baader Planetarium Optical Cleaning Set. Baader Planetarium is a 50+ year old German company that produces and installs astronomical equipment. They have their own Optical cleaning fluid named "Optical Wonder". It is a standard here in Germany among astronomers who wish to clean their very expensive telescope optics. I figured that if the cleaning fluid is safe to use on the lens coatings on an 80,000 plus dollar telescope then it would probably be ok for my camera lenses. They have a couple of dealers in the USA, a division in London as well as in many EU countries. From everything I can find it seems to be an excellent product. The kit I bought came with a very high quality microfiber cleaning cloth and the cleaning fluid along with some instructions and advice on proper use on your very expensive optics. The kit was 21.00€ plus shipping and came very promptly.

_DSC8872.jpg

_DSC8873.jpg

I purchased a Radiant Diffusor. I haven't gotten out to hunt some small critters and stuff to photograph as it is raining again at the moment, but I did photograph some things inside. It is really well made and easy to assemble.
It came with a large storage bag, or maybe it is more of a zippered pouch, that the diffusor can be stored and transported in when it is disassembled. It also came with an led focus assist lamp which can be plugged into a power bank. I removed this because with my fabulous Canon RF system focusing it won't be needed. 😊

It was really well packed and arrived in perfect condition. It was shipped very promptly and arrive here in Germany very quickly. There was a delay in me receiving it, but that was 100% the fault of DHL Express here in Germany. Radiant Diffusor was very communicative in helping me find out why it was delayed and tried to help in anyway they could. Very good customer service to say the least.

I can highly recommend this diffusor as it was a very good value and a very good purchasing experience.

Here are a picture of it mounted on my camera/flash and two images taken using it to show the quality of the light from it. I am looking forward to better weather so I can go bug stalking....

20240608_122529.jpg
  • SM-A336B
  • 4.7 mm
  • ƒ/1.8
  • 1/50 sec
  • ISO 125

_MG_4537.jpg
  • Canon EOS R
  • 105.0 mm
  • 105.0 mm
  • ƒ/16
  • 1/200 sec
  • ISO 100

_MG_4555.jpg
  • Canon EOS R
  • 105.0 mm
  • 105.0 mm
  • ƒ/18
  • 1/200 sec
  • ISO 800

Last edited:
I got 2 new WYZE outdoor cameras, the newest V4 models that are 2K and have a built in motion activated LED flood light. While these aren't what some would consider "photography" related they are cameras so I figured it worth mentioning. We have 6 of their cameras around our home, pretty good quality for the price. We currently have one aimed at one of our bluebird houses that has a female sitting on eggs. The male comes and goes with food or more pine straw for the nest.

This was actually shot with the R7, not the WYZE camera.

2024-031-188 Backyard birds-2.jpg
  • Canon EOS R7
  • TAMRON SP 150-600mm F/5-6.3 Di VC USD G2 A022
  • 600.0 mm
  • ƒ/6.3
  • 1/1600 sec
  • ISO 6400

Today I received a new SD card from Amazon that I had ordered. It's the Kingston React plus card that Tim recommended in his post on memory cards for the R7. Now that I have an R7 and an R6 MkII I needed an additional fast card and I have been very happy with this brand and model. I only got the 64gb, I find for most of my stuff that is big enough. Funny but I paid about half of what I paid a year ago, prices do drop over time.

By chance I got the same card today, also arrived today was an R6, now, the selling, not going to list that lot but two massive boxes of everything I owned camera wise to pay for that thing and the next lens or two.

Tomorrow should be good though, some actual lenses for the camera

Today, the Lenses: RF 50mm f1.8, EF 24-105 f4
Tomorrow a camera bag, shoulder strap and a hood for the 50mm (as Canon are apparently money grabbing so and sos and don't include one)

Today I received a new SD card from Amazon that I had ordered. It's the Kingston React plus card that Tim recommended in his post on memory cards for the R7. Now that I have an R7 and an R6 MkII I needed an additional fast card and I have been very happy with this brand and model. I only got the 64gb, I find for most of my stuff that is big enough. Funny but I paid about half of what I paid a year ago, prices do drop over time.

I agree, those are wonderful cards. In my opinion, the best SD card overall. I have tested all of my cards both in terms of read and write speed on my pc as well as read, write, and format speed on my EOS R. Kingston React plus is the winner in my tests. Not by a lot, but still the best overall. On a related note, my camera does not like either my 32gb Sandisk UHS-II card or my 32gb Sony G. Buffer clear speeds on each is about half of Kingston, Transcend or Lexar speed.

I know...I am a complete nerd...I love testing SD cards as well as rechargeable batteries for fun. Damn...maybe I am a bit of a Sheldon Cooper.....🤓

Last edited:
I purchased an Urth Magnetic Essentials Filter Kit Plus+ in 82mm. https://eu.urth.co/products/the-magnetic-essentials-filter-kit-plus?variant=42886648889512

I have used various brands of screw on filters over the years, including Urth, but while in Ireland last fall, I had difficulty getting a filter started on my lens while in a very windy location and I dropped the filter. The filter wasn't damaged thankfully, but that made me want to try magnetic filters.

The kit arrived yesterday and so far, I wonder why I haven't always been using magnetic filters. The magnet system on the Urth feels really nice. It is a good balance between holding very firmly and not being too difficult to remove. I will have to see if a filter or the magnetic lens cap falls off while on the lens in my camera bag. So an update may come in the near future.

One side note: This filter kit didn't come with a ND64 (6 stop) filter and Urth doesn't offer one for sale outside of a kit, which is a bit disappointing. But, I ordered and received an 82mm magnetic adapter ring for the K&F magnetic system and it is definitely compatible with Urth magnetic filters. This means that I can also purchase and use a K&F ND64 magnetic filter with my Urth filters. And K&F does offer one for individual sale.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back