What Photography Related Item Have You Bought or Sold This Week?

In the past week I have purchased two new SD cards for my EOS R. As always I have tested them ( I am a nerd and love testing and collecting data).

Card read speed was tested in a ProGrade dual SD card tester using HD Tune Pro. A 16GB test was run, with Partial test/accurate in the settings and at a 64 KiB block size (default). Recorded speed was the average over the test, and not the maximum.

Camera write performance was done by timing how long it took to shoot a burst of RAW+JPEG until the buffer was filled and then the buffer cleared. Then dividing the size of the files in the burst by the time it took to shoot the burst and clear the buffer.

Kingston 128GB Canvas React Plus:
Read speed 301.60 Mb/s
Camera write: 112.44 Mb/s

PNY EliteX-Pro90 64GB:
Read speed 302.20 Mb/s
Camera write: 109.66 Mb/s

Last edited:
B&H had a used RF2x extender (grade 9, minor surface marks) for $100 less than new (and no tax!). I received it yesterday, and will be trying it out this weekend.

I'm headed for Europe at the end of the month, and I didn't have a wide angle zoom. So after some research I bought a "like new" EF 17-40mm f/4 L from MPB for $265. Some folks say the lens is soft in the corners, and recommended the RF 15-35mm f/2.8 L or the RF 14-35mm f/4 L. Also, I could have gone for an EF 16-35mm f/2.8 L II for $635, but I'm pretty sure the 17-40 will do just fine. And you can't beat the price with a stick!

Since I really love landscapes, here's one of the videos I watched from a guy using the 17-40mm.

My R5ii I ordered a week ago arrived today....with a completely flat battery. I wonder how long ago since it was made and charged originally.
Meantime I loaded the camera with an LP-ENH and got the warnings that not all functions will work. However, one function certainly does, the battery state one. It seems I sent my R5 off to MPB earlier today with my new LP-ENH battery in it not the one that came with the camera 4 years ago. Damn!

Not your normal photography gear - my husband bought me a bigger fishtank for my birthday so I can do different flower arrangements in them 😯

Just bought a few accessories: a PD Leash for the R7, a small ball head that mounts on a painter's pole, and a wired remote for the R3. My plan is to extend the remote cable with a connection so I can swap cables between the R7 and R3 as needed, for triggering either of them atop a pole.

I'm headed for Europe at the end of the month, and I didn't have a wide angle zoom. So after some research I bought a "like new" EF 17-40mm f/4 L from MPB for $265. Some folks say the lens is soft in the corners, and recommended the RF 15-35mm f/2.8 L or the RF 14-35mm f/4 L. Also, I could have gone for an EF 16-35mm f/2.8 L II for $635, but I'm pretty sure the 17-40 will do just fine. And you can't beat the price with a stick!

Since I really love landscapes, here's one of the videos I watched from a guy using the 17-40mm.

I have been thinking about the same lens for my R. I would be interested in hearing your opinion on it after you have a bit of time with it.

Which part of Europe are you planning to visit?

I bought a Godox X3 wireless trigger for my Godox flash. I love it so far as it is a lot smaller than my Godox X2T is. Plus, it has an integrated battery which is rechargeable.

I have been thinking about the same lens for my R. I would be interested in hearing your opinion on it after you have a bit of time with it.

Which part of Europe are you planning to visit

Which part of Europe are you planning to visit?
I’ll have the lens for a week before my wife and I leave for Belgium, and will post my impressions in the RF Lens forum.

I’ll have the lens for a week before my wife and I leave for Belgium, and will post my impressions in the RF Lens forum.
I haven't been to Belgium yet, but I am sure that it will be interesting. I look forward to reading your opinion as well as seeing some images from your trip.

I wish you a safe and enjoyable trip!

My R5ii I ordered a week ago arrived today....with a completely flat battery. I wonder how long ago since it was made and charged originally.
Meantime I loaded the camera with an LP-ENH and got the warnings that not all functions will work. However, one function certainly does, the battery state one. It seems I sent my R5 off to MPB earlier today with my new LP-ENH battery in it not the one that came with the camera 4 years ago. Damn!
The batteries get shipped in a discharged state. I'm assuming to reduce fire hazard. I'm not sure if all manufacturers/stores do this, but that seems the case from every R5ii post that I've read that mentions the battery. I just received a EL-5 speedlight and the battery was discharged.

Like the great Jerry Clower would say, "you done flung a cravin' on me". I have been looking at this lens on MPB here in Europe and when they have one that they rate as "like new", I will probably buy it.

I finally upgraded from a 6D to an R8, last week.. then my 17-40L died midweek. After much pondering over buying a replacement, I ended up buying an RF 14-35L yesterday, and since then it's not stopped raining! Testing my patience a bit. :LOL:

Added an R3 and received my 200-800mm that has been back ordered for many months.

I purchased, and have received, a used Canon EF 17-40L lens. I have played around with it a pretty good bit on my EOS R, and I like it so far. At f4, it is definitely beyond soft in the corners at 17mm, but stopped down to f11 it is bearable in my opinion. In the center of the frame, it is really sharp even at f4 though...but only in the center.

Overall, I think it is a very good lens for the 320€ I paid for it from MPB. Mine was listed as "excellent" which I think is understated. I think it is like new, including the box etc.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back