Followers
Following
Name
Jeff
City/State
Delaware
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
What size SD cards are you using for your R7? I‘ve moved from the Canon DSLR CF cards, and I’m debating on what size SD cards to get. Previously, I’ve always preferred to have more, smaller cards so I didn’t have all my eggs in one basket, so to speak. However, I didn’t really shoot any video, which I plan on doing more of with my R7. I will probably shoot mostly short clips, but I could see there may be some instances where I would want to shoot some longer footage of wildlife, depending on what they are doing. By longer, probably no more than 5-10 minutes at a time. Also, the R7 has a much higher MP sensor than they old cameras so I’m not sure how much space RAW photos will take.

Archibald, you are going to have to step up your game here. I suspect this dinosaur was sold with one of my PowerShots in the ‘90s.

View attachment 24438
Neat, 8 MB.

It is just amazing how things have gone with memory. That 16MB card was half as big as the whole hard drive of my first computer. It was huge at the time. And the new 256GB card is 16,000 times bigger than that card.

It is not that easy to get an old 2GB or 4GB card for an old camera or GPS. And they don't work with bigger cards.

R7 here. 2 x 256 gb (overkill I know) Lexar V60 one main/one backup. After reading that they aren't what they used to be in the card review, might consider changing brands.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back