Birds Which Telephoto Zoom?

One more thing about the R system. I've always hated MFA. I sold all of my EG gear and I will never miss needing to do that again. For the 800mm distances I once rented a community college. Huge foyer with a concrete floor and they rent it for even shooting. I had done wedding events, etc there before. $50 an hour and I booked an hour. It was a mid summer Saturday so hardly any people around. The security guards could see me from their office so they didn't care. I was there for over 3 hours. I used FoCal and did my EF 100-400 II and 400 DO II with the 2X and other combinations on my 7D2 and 5D4.

Like I said. I will never miss MFA. None needed for that stork shot.

I've conversed with Duane about this, and yes, it's the same issue. But for me it goes beyond Canon's remedy. I shoot in Elec-1st Curtain almost exclusively because of the slower sensor read speed, and would likely experience this less in H vs. H+, but honestly I would not have purchased the camera if I knew it wouldn't perform in H+ as it does not fit my needs. For what I paid I get my money's worth, but I would have paid more for the same specs if the specs actually performed.
Thanks for the info. Last week I tried EFCS in H and didn't like it. I went back to S shutter and H. 15 is plenty for me. Also I can't stand how loud the shutter so while I'm not a huge fan of e shutter I'll take take that instead.

Using my EF
202309_CR7_2810-CR3 -1.jpg
  • Canon EOS R7
  • EF100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS II USM
  • 400.0 mm
  • ƒ/5.6
  • 1/800 sec
  • ISO 2000

Shot with an EF100-400
202309_CR7_2808-CR3 -1.jpg
  • Canon EOS R7
  • EF100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS II USM
  • 400.0 mm
  • ƒ/5.6
  • 1/800 sec
  • ISO 1250

The best part to me is the branch the bird is perched on, starting with the part excluding the squiggly twigs and ending where the other edge of the branch meets the diagonal corner opposite that. It is just an opinion.
I like that the bird is framed between branches.

The best part to me is the branch the bird is perched on, starting with the part excluding the squiggly twigs and ending where the other edge of the branch meets the diagonal corner opposite that. It is just an opinion.
I guess that you are talking about the first picture! I was talking about the second one.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back