PKM-UK

Veteran Member
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
Phil Moore
We hope you enjoy creating memorable images this month!

Have fun, but stay safe and well…

Phil and Karen 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

——

Any R System images (stills or movies) can be posted. If you would like to say something about the subject, settings, or processing, that will be very welcome.

Remember, you don't have to only post things you took this month - sometimes people don't get around to processing/ editing images straight after shooting. (Think of it more as an ‘images I’d like to post here this month’ thing). Images taken with non-R System lenses are also very welcome as this adds to the interest.

Images posted on this thread will also be available to view in the dedicated Monthly R System Images Gallery, which can be found Here.

Commenting on people’s posts is encouraged, as it keeps everyone interested and coming back. (Please aim to be considerate, thoughtful and constructive).

We aim to provide feedback - but note we will be away for part of May (and are busy with ‘life stuff’). The lack of a comment from us is not a sign of disfavour!

Finally, please post in accordance with the RF Shooters Community Guidelines.

Thank you!

Some images from a recent return stay at the utterly enchanting Portmeirion, Gwynedd, Wales.

(Shot raw and processed with: DxO PL Elite/ ViewPoint and Adobe LrC/ PS with Tony Kuyper TK-9 Panels).

You can read about Portmeirion Here, The Prisoner at Portmeirion Here and Six of One: The Prisoner Appreciation Society Here.

Be Seeing You...

Phil and Karen

1. Our ‘spring into summer break’ - it rained on the way here and we were met by snow in Wales. (Note ‘Prisoner’ replica cape outside the merchandise shop).

RF-S-PM-1.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • RF14-35mm F4 L IS USM
  • 14.0 mm
  • ƒ/8
  • 1/800 sec
  • ISO 250

2. Go on, you know you want to - we were here a couple of weeks ahead of the 40th PortmeiriCon event held by Six of One: The Prisoner Appreciation Society. (A Human Chess game and Election Parade being among the planned festivities!).

RF-S-PM-2.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • RF14-35mm F4 L IS USM
  • 26.0 mm
  • ƒ/7.1
  • 1/500 sec
  • ISO 100

3. ‘Unlike me, many of you have accepted the situation of your imprisonment and will die here like rotten cabbages’… Election campaign speech by Number 6.

RF-S-PM-3.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • RF14-35mm F4 L IS USM
  • 14.0 mm
  • ƒ/8
  • 1/800 sec
  • ISO 160

4. We search for strength and inspiration - from the bottom to the top…

RF-S-PM-4.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • RF14-35mm F4 L IS USM
  • 14.0 mm
  • ƒ/8
  • 1/800 sec
  • ISO 125

5. Who are the prisoners - and who are the warders?

RF-S-PM-5.jpg
  • Canon EOS R7
  • RF70-200mm F2.8 L IS USM
  • 70.0 mm
  • ƒ/5.6
  • 1/640 sec
  • ISO 100

6. We are not numbers - well, not whole numbers! - we are free photographers (and we may have discovered a means to finally escape from ‘The Village’)…

RF-S-PM-6.jpg
  • Canon EOS R7
  • EF16-35mm f/4L IS USM
  • 16.0 mm
  • ƒ/5.6
  • 1/800 sec
  • ISO 200

(Source: Portmeirion).

Last edited:
Some images from a recent return stay at the utterly enchanting Portmeirion, Gwynedd, Wales.

(Shot raw and processed with: DxO PL Elite/ ViewPoint and Adobe LrC/ PS with Tony Kuyper TK-9 Panels).

You can read about Portmeirion Here, The Prisoner at Portmeirion Here and Six of One: The Prisoner Appreciation Society Here.

Be Seeing You...

Phil and Karen

1. Our ‘spring into summer break’ - it rained on the way here and we were met by snow in Wales. (Note ‘Prisoner’ replica cape outside the merchandise shop).

View attachment 27927

2. Go on, you know you want to - we were here a couple of weeks ahead of the the 40th PortmeiriCon event held by Six of One: The Prisoner Appreciation Society. (A Human Chess game and Election Parade being among the planned festivities!).

View attachment 27928

3. ‘Unlike me, many of you have accepted the situation of your imprisonment and will die here like rotten cabbages’… Election speech by Number 6.

View attachment 27929

4. We search for strength and inspiration - from the bottom to the top…

View attachment 27930

5. Who are the prisoners - and who are the warders?

View attachment 27931

6. We are not numbers - well, not whole numbers! - we are free photographers (and we may have discovered a means to finally escape from ‘The Village’)…

View attachment 27932

(Source: Portmeirion).
A great place to visit, its where the Prisoner was filmed, total wacky architecture, once again just lovely compositions and superb colour.

A great place to visit, its where the Prisoner was filmed, total wacky architecture, once again just lovely compositions and superb colour.
Hi Nick,

Thank you for those very kind words - much appreciated!

The moment you enter Portmeirion you become spellbound - entranced by it's quirky architectural charm and the ghosts of an intriguing cult allegory.

Of course, the trick is being able to leave again... :cool:

P&K

Last edited:

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back