Your R System Images - November 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
The image is from a while back but the processing is today. Sunrise at Sandals Royal Bahamian. I have to say, I've visited quite a few of the Sandals resorts and sadly I think this one was the least photogenic of them all. Partly I think this is because of the weather but it's also there wasn't much to photograph on resort and being lazy (and it being insanely hot in August) we didn't go into Nassau itself.
WOW!!!

Two small birds…

Pacific Golden Plover & Red-necked Stint
  • Canon EOS R5
  • RF100-500mm F4.5-7.1 L IS USM + EXTENDER RF1.4x
  • 700.0 mm
  • ƒ/10
  • 1/2000 sec
  • ISO 1000

Pacific Golden Plover (left) : Pluvialis fulva
Red-necked Stint (right) : Calidris ruficollis
Moreton Bay, Queensland

When I took the photo of the Australian Ibis (post #3 above) I was actually trying, I must admit not too successfully, to photograph one of the smallest shorebirds frequenting Moreton Bay.

The Red-necked Stint (right) was dwarfed by a group of Pacific Golden Plovers (left; actually quite small birds) who, in turn had Bar-tailed Godwits (only just qualifying as 'medium') towering over them! Beyond all of these, were a few Far Eastern Curlews (seriously endangered)… and then in strode Mr Handsome, the ibis shown above.

If only I had the talent, and an RF 200—800, to capture something akin to those wonderful African waterhole scenes with the full range of wildlife from sandgrouse to elephants gathered in harmony.

… David

Two small birds…

View attachment 21454

Pacific Golden Plover (left) : Pluvialis fulva
Red-necked Stint (right) : Calidris ruficollis
Moreton Bay, Queensland

When I took the photo of the Australian Ibis (post #3 above) I was actually trying, I must admit not too successfully, to photograph one of the smallest shorebirds frequenting Moreton Bay.

The Red-necked Stint (right) was dwarfed by a group of Pacific Golden Plovers (left; actually quite small birds) who, in turn had Bar-tailed Godwits (only just qualifying as 'medium') towering over them! Beyond all of these, were a few Far Eastern Curlews (seriously endangered)… and then in strode Mr Handsome, the ibis shown above.

If only I had the talent, and an RF 200—800, to capture something akin to those wonderful African waterhole scenes with the full range of wildlife from sandgrouse to elephants gathered in harmony.

… David
Hi David,

Another fascinating shot - with no less fascinating information - the bird on the left seems impressed by your tech (and we're certainly impressed by your talents... :) ).

P&K

...and now for something completely different.

The Art Exhibit

The little guy is 1 inch (2.5cm) tall

DWR50833-Edit.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • RF24-70mm F2.8 L IS USM
  • 50.0 mm
  • ƒ/8
  • 3/10 sec
  • ISO 100

When flowers think they're fireworks...

021A1005.jpg
  • Canon EOS R6
  • RF14-35mm F4 L IS USM
  • 14.0 mm
  • ƒ/4
  • 1/10 sec
  • ISO 5000

Shot at night, illuminated by a light on the corner of the house. Processed with Lightroom Classic with a mix of presets: final was Spring SP09, which has hauled quite a lot of sky and background out what was otherwise pure black...

View attachment 21461

Shot at night, illuminated by a light on the corner of the house. Processed with Lightroom Classic with a mix of presets: final was Spring SP09, which has hauled quite a lot of sky and background out what was otherwise pure black...

Great image. I really like how you've lifted the background. It adds a certain something to the image.

...and now for something completely different.

The Art Exhibit

The little guy is 1 inch (2.5cm) tall

View attachment 21459
Hi Dean,

We love your imaginative approach to seeing things from different perspectives - very refreshing and inspirational - keep up the weird work! :)

P&K

View attachment 21461

Hi Gareth,

Drama aplenty in this shot - the animated tree and brooding sky combine to produce a stark, yet pleasing, contrast. Well seen and caught... :)

P&K

Another fascinating shot.

P&K
Geez, it's huge. I'll stick with my 100–500 and 1.4TC.

I was wandering around the mudflats with my usual combo (R5 + 1.4 extender + RF 100–500).

In light of this week's announcement of Christmas goodies from Santa Canon, I wonder whether I'd be better equipped with the new tele zoom: 800mm f/9 instead of being 'limited' to 700mm f/10.

That's an expensive thought but, although I am beguiled, I have not succumbed to temptation…

…yet.

RF 100–500 + 1.4 extender = 420–700mm; f/10 at 700mm
RF 200-800 (no extender) = 200–800mm; f/9 at 800mm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back