Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
Greg Sinclair
City/State
Telford
On my R5 I see this [9999] in the viewfinder bottom right. Sometimes it flashes, mostly it is static. What is it, why is it there?

Sounds like the estimated remaining capacity on your memory card.

shooting jpg on a big card?

It's a tera card. The 400 old pictures hardly scratched the surface, shooting raw and best jpg.

The pictures that won't display have very similar file sizes, of cause every pictures has a different file size these are no different

The card was fully formatted in my computer a couple of times and had the correct capacity. It was also formatted in the camera to ensure it was compatible

Did some test on the 1 TB card, and repeated it on some other cards, all bought from eBay. All the cards under perform on speed. The 1TB cards are probably not that big. The test I am carrying out runs for 4 or 5 hours and I'm doing it now, will report back later with results.

I'm not surprised these cards under perform, they were all too cheap to be believable. They worked OK on cameras with less demands. Now that I have sold all my old gear and only have a Cannon M100 and R5 it's time to invest in some decent memory cards

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back