Canon R5 Adapter Viltrox EF-R and EF-R2 ?

Arne

Newcomer
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
Arne Ödegård
City/State
Lidköping
Hey! Canon Adapter EF-R is rested all over the world and isn´t avaiebled before april so I bought Viltrox EF-R and Viltrox EF-R2 is this adapters as god as canon orginal?

Hey Dave!
I have just bought an R5 from Panamoz and it haven´t arrived yet and I missed to order the adapters. I luckly find a adapter in a store i Sweden but I want a R2 adapter instead.

Hey! Canon Adapter EF-R is rested all over the world and isn´t avaiebled before april so I bought Viltrox EF-R and Viltrox EF-R2 is this adapters as god as canon orginal?
i purchased the ef-r2 from b&H i had issues with my Tamron lenses got the canon with control ring and it didnt like my tamron vs 1 which tamron wanted me to send it to them for a firmware update ... that was my experience ... both vs1's of the tamron lenses

Hi Arne,
I have the Viltrox R2 adapter currently on an EF 135 F2 and it operates perfectly. I have also used it on a Tamron 70-300 again with no problems. Canon sent me a freebie standard adapter when I bought the R6 and again this works seamlessly with all my EF mount lenses. I was never tempted by the super expensive version with drop in filters.

Hi Arne,
I have the Viltrox R2 adapter currently on an EF 135 F2 and it operates perfectly. I have also used it on a Tamron 70-300 again with no problems. Canon sent me a freebie standard adapter when I bought the R6 and again this works seamlessly with all my EF mount lenses. I was never tempted by the super expensive version with drop in filters.
Well as I stated the R2 did not work with my Tamron 150-600 vs1 and it was problematic with my 70-200 f2.8 Tamron vs 1 the canon adapter with control ring didn't work on my 70-200 Tamron ... all in the roll of the dice I guess... I considered the filter adapter and am still waiting for it to be available... only so i can look at decide

I have recently bought the Viltrox R2 adapter and tried it out with my Tamron 28-300 pzd, seems to work flawlessly, not upgraded the firmware yet that apparently resolve s the R5/6 issues. I am currently using an RP.

Hey! I use Viltrox adapter Ef-R I have not used Ef-R2 yet. But have upgradede firmware 130 and it works exellent.
Arne

I have a EF-RF. The Canon cost a few hundred pounds the Vitrox 50 or less for the basic version. Its a passive piece of equipment so I took the chance, so far cannot see any down side to using it

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali
Back