Dave Williams

Well Known Member
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
Dave Williams
After discovering I had Badgers visiting the garden they kept me occupied throughout the rather draconian lockdown we had imposed on us here in Wales last year. I have hardly bothered photographing them recently but instead started putting a few peanuts out for them on a regular basis. We usually just get the one visiting, but have had as many as three at the same time.
Whereas I was photographing them further away from the house I decided I might as well get the pleasure of watching them too so now feed right outside the kitchen window. They are not habituated and would not tolerate me opening a window so it was a case of photographing through the double glazing or remote control. I opted for the latter using Canon's Camera Connect. The beauty of this is that you can adjust aperture, shutter speed and ISO and even move the focus point without being near the camera. It was the first time I tried and although it's far from perfect in focussing where I wanted it, it did get me some acceptable shots as well as the many OOF ones I deleted! As they don't appear until dusk light is in short supply and so I ended up not having much DOF which if I try again I'll have to think of a way around that.
Brock is about 10m away from the R5 and my EF 24-105 set at f4, 1/250 and ISO 3200.
Badger.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • EF24-105mm f/4L IS USM
  • 105.0 mm
  • ƒ/4
  • 1/250 sec
  • ISO 3200

Hi Dave, Another great Badger capture. Wish i had Badgers visiting my garden.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back