Building Media following

Renegade Viewfinder

Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
Mario Gonzalez
I want to build my social media following further and was wondering what others are using. Instagram, Facebook, Website

I'm in the same boat. Have been working on Instagram. Picking a better photo and boosting it does generate a decent number of followers. From what I've read, the younger crowd is mostly using either TikTok or Insta. Facebook is dying out. The joke is "it died when our parents joined it" - basically it's older people and trump memes. I'm pretty jaded against FB, but perhaps it's necessary if you really want to build a brand.

Mostly replying so I can follow this thread and see if I can learn anything.

I'd say a website is your most important asset, nobody can take this away from you overnight. Social accounts on all platforms can be removed far too easily and often through no fault of your own. Facebook Groups are still very popular for photographers, Facebook Pages are very hard to grow. I'm too old (43) to care much about TikTok, but maybe I'll look at it one day. YouTube is very popular for photographers if you can create video content. Instagram is still very popular, my sister manages our RFShooters Instagram account as I'm terrible at posting regularly.

https://vero.co/ seems to be gaining a lot of attention recently as well. If I was to create another social profile it would probably be on there. Peter Mckinnon has recently done a video on it:

I'd say a website is your most important asset, nobody can take this away from you overnight. Social accounts on all platforms can be removed far too easily and often through no fault of your own. Facebook Groups are still very popular for photographers, Facebook Pages are very hard to grow. I'm too old (43) to care much about TikTok, but maybe I'll look at it one day. YouTube is very popular for photographers if you can create video content. Instagram is still very popular, my sister manages our RFShooters Instagram account as I'm terrible at posting regularly.
43 is old🙄 whippersnapper still in nappies

Hitting 43 in month and feeling old as well. I really appreciate all the information and got another question of course. When everyone is creating their brand do you all have the most luck just using your name and sticking photography after it or using a name my first one was 3rd coast effect have 1300 followers on facebook but did not transition to instagram. Also used renegade viewfinder which also has not hit. Any information or suggestions would be appreciated.

I suspect that your content would have more to do with popularity than the name. I've seen all kinds of weird names with tons of following.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back