Building Media following

'62 vintage here. I actually love keeping up with the technology!

I use Instagram but I plan to also use Twitter and I am going to try Pinterest and Patreon.
How does Patreon work? I've seen it for photographers that I follow their YouTube channels, vlogs, and blogs as a way to further monetize their products. I'd be interested to learn more about it as a tool for social media.

https://vero.co/ seems to be gaining a lot of attention recently as well. If I was to create another social profile it would probably be on there. Peter Mckinnon has recently done a video on it:
I've had a vero account for ages. I'll have to give it a look again. If anyone is on Vero please post your username, so I can follow. I go by Hali Sowle (pretty unimaginative)

How does Patreon work? I've seen it for photographers that I follow their YouTube channels, vlogs, and blogs as a way to further monetize their products. I'd be interested to learn more about it as a tool for social media.
I am still looking into that. I see people promote their pattern over social media a lot. If you are a member, ASMP has a good webinar about using social for photographers. Also, while not for photographers specifically Hubspot Marketing has a free course and certification for social media.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back